September 26, 2008

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody.



When I was younger,
so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone,
I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Specifically, I need somebody who understands my hair & can properly cut & style it & teach me to do the same.

Once upon a time my hair was long & straight & loverly. Wash & wear was the way of my world. I often complained that my hair had no body. That it was flat & lifeless. I was stupid. My hair was fabulous & flowing & so much more luxurious that even Fabio's. And then I had babies. Lots & lots of babies. And those babies did evil things to my mane. And I cut it all off.

Ok, Ok, so you all were here & you remember how it went. My hair was long. Bitsy was little. My hair was falling out in handfuls. I was tired. I never had a chance to shower. My head hurt constantly from all the weight hanging from the back of my head. I asked you all for advice. I put up a poll. I weighed the possibilities. Then I made an informed decision & chopped the mess off...all 16 inches of it...and mailed it off to benefit a woman with cancer. I'm still happy with my decision. I am not happy with the current state of my hair.

I haven't even had a trim since that fateful Halloween last year. And to top it all off, the wave came & never left. Yes, I embraced it, but I'm still unsure what to do with it. And have I mentioned my stylist, whom I loved & had only seen twice after having no real stylist for 4 years, closed her shop? CRAP!

My biggest issue at the moment is the lack of wave in the front of my hair. The back & sides are decently wavy, but the front is still stick straight. I either have to pin it up or tuck it under the waves to hide it. The front is also too long at the moment. It needs to be seriously layered. The cut was cute short, but needs help now that it's grown out so much.

I have no idea what to do or where to start. I have no stylist. I'm in desperate need of a cut. I'm trying to let it grow back out to help tame the wave, but it needs something done now. I've even considered the "P" word. Yup, you read that right. A perm. Shhhh...don't let that get out. A body perm possibly. I just don't know what to do.

HELP!

3 comments:

Kork said...

I am at the "shave it and buy a wig" stage myself...care to join me?

Ok, Ok...seriously...you have to decide if you have the time and finances to keep up with a short 'do...if you do, then go with the uber-cute short one you got last fall. If you can't, get it shaped at the length it is, and then go from there for style and length...

As for your stylist? Hunt her down like the dog she is, make her do your hair, and keep her tied up in the closet with your coats... :D

Anonymous said...

Man, I should call you. But, I am so busy..... LOL! Sounds funny huh, as I sit here and type. Seriously, I will talk to you in church on Sunday.

Mrs.X said...

I have no wisdom to offer, but do want to complain that you have now a) stuck that song in my head and b) made me want to watch the movie.

Thanks. :)