August 8, 2007

Art & FW's Virtual Slam Book

When I was in High School my friends and I created and passed around Slam Books. They weren't the kind where you write hateful things about people in your class. They were more like the Memes we all love to answer today. There was one question on each page and you answered next to the number you assigned yourself on page one. The more creative the answers the better.



Art and I created a very special slam book the first time we ever really spent together one on one. All our friends were in New York on a chorus trip (the bums) and Art came to spend the night with me. The slam book we made was magnificent. The questions were deep, our answers profound, the art work spectacular. This was The Slam Book to end all Slam Books.



Sadly it was confiscated by a teacher early in the week when a certain friend of ours decided to fill it out during the teacher's lesson. That friendship soon ended due to the loss of our masterpiece (OK, so we didn't really quit being friends with her just because of the slam book,but the friendship did end). Unfortunately we never got the book back so now it lives on only in the mythology of our youths.



In memory of our beloved slam book, Art & I now submit the following questions for you to answer (in the grand manner of high school students). If you choose to answer them on your blog instead of in my comments box (which is perfectly admissible), please leave a comment letting us know so we can check them out!
  1. What's your name/nickname? If it's a nickname where did you get it and why?


  2. Do you have a significant other (very important question in the lives of high school girls)?


  3. Who is your best friend?


  4. What's your favorite _________? (I'll let you fill in the blank. Typical Slam book choices were color, band, song, movie, number, food. You can fill in as many or as few as you like. OK, so maybe the questions weren't really that deep, but we were adolescents...sue us!)


  5. Do penguins have knees?

  6. Who's hotter: Dead Poets' Society Ethan Hawke or Reality Bites Ethan Hawke?

  7. If you were stranded on a desert island which lead singer would you most prefer to accompany you? AdamDuritz, Eddie Vedder, or Michael Stipe . And why?

  8. If one train leaves Boston at 2a.m. traveling at 15mph and a bird flies south from your roof at the butt-crack of dawn which side of the bed will you get upon?

  9. Given a free long weekend & $1,000 you were not allowed to spend on bills, what would you do?
  10. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
  11. Leave us with your favorite quote.

Usually there were many more questions, but for the sake of space...and the fact that my brain is nearly shot, this is all I'm giving you. If you have a question to add, please do so. Have fun! I'll post my answers later so as not to taint yours.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVED Slam books ('course mine were the mean snarky ones...cuz I'm petty like that). I'll try to do this tonight or tomorrow : )

Mommy to 4 little people said...

check my blog later on to see my answers...I love this game :)

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

what is a slam book? I amm 44 years and have no clue what it is...But #9 is easy...I would take Bruno to the Big Island and veg spending evey last penny on food...yummy food that i did not fix or find cleaning the kitchen afterwards.

zann said...

I have channeled my inner high schooler and answered your slam book questions.

Thanks for giving me something to actually write about :)
z