May 17, 2008

Happy Birf-day to me.

Here I am....another year older. I feel a tad like Eeyore today. "Don't you see the presents? Can't you see the cake? Can't you see the balloons? Can't you hear the singing?" Mostly I hear the crying & yelling, "Why can't I play outside?! I don't want to clean my room!" I"m considering drowning out the cries with my Zune....



Instead, I've gone on a hunt for my own virtual birthday cake. In keeping with all things Duff Goldman (The Ace of Cakes) & Pirates of the Caribbean, I present myself with: Release the Kraken!

And for those of you still obsessing over the Beatles with me, we have the infamous Yellow Submarine.








For the country girl in me...Cowboy Dreams.




And finally, not for me, but for Inkling & Henry David....A Grasshopper. Yeah for you!!
All cakes made by Charm City Cakes...I just borrowed the pictures.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope the rest of the afternoon was better.

Those are some really cool cakes.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Happy, happy birthday. There is just something special about those born in May, don't you think?

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Farmwife!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday blogsister..I soooo wish you a good one..can I have the countrygirl cake..and I have to toast the grasshopper cake for Inkling and HD

Margot said...

A little late (sorry) but a very very happy birthday to you!!