January 21, 2012

Welcome to FarmWife 2.0

I am finally entering the 21st century.  I have a laptop.  No, I am not blogging from it as it's only equipped with an Ethernet port and we are still on dial-up.  Newegg.com is sending me do-hicky to allow me to plug my new toy into the phone line & blog from the comfort of my couch instead of from the antique desk chair of butt agony where I currently reside.  Until then, it's just a really expensive toy for playing majong.

I'm also awaiting delivery of my new camera so's I can get back to posting pictures of the back of people's heads.  Excited, aren't you?  A slight upgrade from the 8 year old Kodak 3 megapixel I was using, our new camera is a 16.1 Mp Sony with 10x optical zoom.  Still a point & shoot, but totally enough for me.  Unlike the Queen Mother, I am not a portrait photographer...unless of course my new camera has a portrait setting- then watch out, Annie Lebowitz.  I'm going to be the next big thing in fashion & celebrity art photography.  Just as soon as I'm done taking pictures of my blue roof.

In the meantime I'm waiting for the temperatures to reach 35 degrees so we can get out of this house.  No, we've not been trapped here long, really only today, but the sheet of ice outside makes me a bit crazy.  It's not a heavy ice.  It's more like a Krispy Creme glaze.  But it's just enough to keep us all crammed in the living room together for hours on end.  At least we have a DVR full of movies & Firefly episodes.

1 comment:

Penny said...

we are wanting a new camera also..just so many to choose from..keep me posted on how you like your new one...congrats on the new laptop..you will love it!