March 3, 2011

Because I obviously didn't have enough to deal with this week.....

BabyGirl has head lice.

I will now pause a moment for you to get fully creeped out & scratch your head a few times because your skin just started crawling.

Done?

OK. Last night she was digging at her scalp shortly before bed time. I called her in to the kitchen where the light is the best & flipped her hair back from her neck.

There are no words to describe the feeling you get when you see bugs crawling on your child's scalp. None.

BabyGirl finally went to bed at just before 2 am after 3 1/2 hours of shampooing & nit combing. I made it to bed around 3.

This is so not a battle I want to fight right now. Thank goodness for www.headlice.org and all the info they've gathered.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear, poor you and Baby Girl.Don't worry - you will get them sorted, its just a complete pain to have something like this thrown onto your plate at a time like this.I wish I could help. Take care. x

Kork said...

OK, first of all - EEEWWWW!!!!! I remember a time in elementary when some of the kids that followed the farm season around got it...and we ALL had to be treated...every. single. freaking. student. in. the. school.

I will never forget that...

Second of all - praying for you all right now...and aren't you glad that this is something you can have some control over!?!?!?!?

Giving my love to you all, and tell Unkie Di and Uncle Gick I love them too!

Layla said...

Sometimes these things happen as distractions to take your mind off of the bigger problems you can't control, you know? I'm sorry it's another thing to stress over, but just know - we love you, we're thinking of you, you can handle anything.

Paul said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I went through this when my oldest was in daycare. I'm so, so sorry.

Aimee said...

Woops! Sorry. I didn't mean to comment under my husband's account.