December 13, 2010

I wanna' wash my hands, my face and hair with snow.

That's a total lie. I don't know anyone who'd really do that...but it sounds nice in the song.

We have 3-4 inches on the ground at the moment, but with drifting it's much deeper in places. My window thermometer says it's 18 degrees outside. Our first official snow day of the year was called at 7 last night. BabyGirl is still asleep and the others are lounging about in their jammies.

I'm praying for a calm day full of Christmas movies and board games. I'm bracing for a day of arguing and cabin fever. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Lily May & Buddy Joe have morphed into snow bunnies. Every time I turn around they're bouncing up & down to get out the door and play in their run. I don't understand this because neither dog really likes walking in the snow. They both hang back when they need to go out but shoot out the door just to stand & shiver in the snow. At least I don't have to dress them in 15 layers of protective clothing so they can spend 8 1/2 minutes outdoors.

After church yesterday, the FarmHands needed to go out to play in the snow. Bitsy lasted all of 15 minutes before she was deposited back in the mud room by her Daddy. The boys lasted about 5 minutes longer and BabyGirl came in after 25 minutes or so. It took us almost that long to get everyone dressed in the first place. And afterwards, there were snow caked coats, gloves, hats, socks, and pants to be washed. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

But I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Just ask the FarmHands.

No comments: