November 5, 2010

Mechanical Wonders

This morning BabyGirl & I were getting ready for our day. She was off to school & I had to go to town to do the running. I asked her if there was anything she needed from the store. This is not a question I normally ask the FarmHands and BabyGirl was momentarily stumped.

When she regained her composure she said, "Yes, could you get me some mechanical pencils for school?"
"Why?"
"So I won't have to go to the pencil sharpener all the time."
"Is your teacher OK with mechanical pencils?" Knowing some teachers are very picky about what kids bring in to class.
"Mrs.T LOVES mechanical pencils."

OK, good enough for me. I found a package of 8 super cute, ultra-girly, squishy gripped mechanical pencils & a small refill of lead to go with them. I gave them to BabyGirl when she got home from school.

"I can't believe you got them!"
"I said I would. You said you needed them."
"Yeah, but I never thought you'd get these pencils! I love them!"

Yes, I am an amazing mother. You all can bask in my mad mothering skills as long as you like.

2 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Basking.......OH how nice it feels to be the amazing mother......

Art the Omnipotent said...

Isn't it nice when we get something right?? LOve it!!