December 14, 2009

Gifts & Gab

Friday, Husband & I went Christmas shopping for the three oldest FarmHands. I think from here on out, I may send him shopping for the boys & I'll handle the girls on my own. It will be much less stressful. Not that it was horrible, but I got to the point where I didn't care what he picked out, I just wanted to be done...and to take off the fabulous boots I was wearing. Note to self: Heels may be OK for a general trip to the store, but they are not OK for an extended trip like Christmas shopping.


Busha picked B.B. up from school that day so we wouldn't have to rush home. When we were on the way home with him, Husband & I started talking about the presents we got B.B. "Won't he just love that pretty ruffly dress we got him? I sure hope those sparkly red shoes fit B.B. I really think he'll be happy when he unwraps that baby doll you picked out for him." B.B. starts shouting, "NO!! I don't want a dress! You didn't get me red, sparkly shoes! I'm not a girl!" Husband looks at him, then at me & says, "You mean he's not a girl? Well, I'm not taking it all back now. He's just going to have to learn to like girl stuff!" B.B. informed us he was not a girl & we did not get him girl stuff for Christmas.

Bitsy keeps telling me she wants Tink panties & a Cinderella drink for Christmas. Since she really doesn't need anything, I plan on getting her just that. At 2 years old, juice drinks for Christmas will make her happy, and I'm all about making her happy. If Bitsy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

She's become a rather opinionated little girl. Today her daddy told her she couldn't have big ice to chew on. She came running into me in the laundry room, chattering and having fits. All I got of it was Me, Da-da, and No. She was so mad, she could have spit nails. If you've never been given what for by a barely verbal toddler, you've never really been cursed out. It's hard not to laugh sometimes....and essential to discipline. She seems genuinely shocked when I tell her if Daddy said no, that means no & that she's not allowed to yell at me. I mean, doesn't this world revolve around her tiny self? No, wait, forget I said that. She's not little. She's Big! She tells me that on a daily basis, too....usually just after I've called her Baby.

1 comment:

Kork said...

I had one of those the other day...and now that Destructo-Girl's vocabulary and comprehension are increasing exponentially with each passing hour...what-for by a toddler is soooooooo much more interesting...although I do get awfully tired of telling my children that Mommy and Daddy know and follow the rules, and that we are NOT being "wooood" when we speak to each other at dinnertime, because we are not talking with our mouths full of food...well, you get the drift...

I do know that our "quiet chair" is getting an awful lot of use these days and Santa may not stop by our house after all!