July 28, 2008

Why we heart Belk's & QM's shopping abilities.

You may or may not know that the Queen Mother (all hail the Queen Mother) likes to shop. I wouldn't go so far as to call her a compulsive shopper. It's not really her main hobby. She's not a serious bargain/freebie hunter like my Aunt Silverbelle. But the woman can shop.

Last week she called wanting to know the sizes of all the FarmHands as well as myself. Belk's was having a sale. She & HT went shopping. Today we got a giant box from UPS that looked like HT had wrestled it to the floor so Mama could pack it.










Oh the clothes! Oh the clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes! And much to the FarmHands' chagrin, not all of it was for them. I now have to make room in my closet for my new wardrobe. Yeah me!




And one little HMR post about my new obsession with bracelets & my longing for Bakelite and this is what happens:




I am a happy girl today.




To be honest, I've accomplished little from my to-do list today. One load of dishes, two beds stripped, one dishwasher load run.... & now I have to add more laundry and cleaning out BabyGirl's drawers to incorporate her new wardrobe. But that's OK. She'll be the best dressed girl in second grade....if she gets dressed. And I have two little boys who are absolutely over the moon for their new swim trunks. I'm waiting for them to ask to wear them to town.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Uhh, QM can call and ask our sizes if she wants to...
Good for you and the farmhands though!