July 14, 2008

Plastic is girl's best friend!

You may currently be asking yourself, "What has FarmWife been up to lately? She didn't post for an entire two days! Has yet another tragedy befallen her family? Did she run off & join the circus? Did her children finally win the war & have her committed to the Shadybrook Home for the Criminally Insane?" No, dear readers. I just had little to say. Gasp!

I've been playing with WordPress quite a bit & can assure you that Memoirs will be staying here. I like WordPress, but I think Blogger fits my needs for this blog much better....and I don't have the time to learn how to do this all differently.

Being Monday, it's time again for the Hot Mama Revolution Question of the week. This week, Sarah wants to know what we add to our uniform to jazz it up a bit. She's got groovy necklaces to give her some sparkle. I've become a bit of a bracelet junkie. My current go-to's are this and this (I've tried to post the pictures here, but things aren't cooperating today). The bigger & chunkier the better. I do have tiny skinny dainty little bracelets, but I tend to layer them until they resemble a big chunky mess. Since it's summer, I like more sparkle or lighter colors, but in the winter I rock a big, wide, gold, plastic, bangle thingy QM gave me. I'd give my eye teeth for some vintage Bakelite, Lucite, or Celluloid bangles! Too bad I have to feed my children......

All right folks, it's that time again. Ask FarmWife...and Kork, I promise to get back to your question from last week. Sorry, with all the excitement, I forgot to answer it then.

3 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

My husband's grandparents in Albania sent me a huge antiqued-silver bangle for my birthday one year. It has imprints of snakes and vines all over it, but you have to look really close to tell. At first I thought it was some cheap wierd thing and it hid in underwear drawer for about a year. Then I looked at it again and realized it is really pretty and best of all it has a unique story behind it. I mean, who else has a hand-made snake bracelet from Albania? Now I love it!

Kathryn Thompson said...

It's so funny. I've been adding bracelets lately too. Tons of them. And a little perfume. Even if I look awful, it's nice to catch a whiff of myself every now and then and remember that I'm a woman too.

zann said...

Okay I have a question for Ask Farmwife. I know I'm a day late, but I have notices that no one else has asked anything in this post, so I'm stepping in.

Here's the situation:
A co-worker's mother dies. You've never met the mother nor any of her family and don't feel particularly close to the co-worker other than your day to day dealings with her. You have donated to the memorial fund, and brought a dish for others to deliver to the family. You are also 9 mos. pregnant and had a rare date with your husband planned for the night of the visitation funeral. Should you feel guilty for not going?