September 21, 2007

Good Day!! Good Day!!

I am the best mommy ever!! No, really, I totally rock! Just ask my children. BabyGirl informed Beffie that "this has been the greatest day of my entire life!" Not bad. And who is directly responsible for all the wonderfulness? Moi (although she never said that).

Husband saw a playhouse in the back of the local lumber yard this week. We called & asked about it, then decided we wanted a closer look. We packed up Bitsy & the boys & headed into the little town. We checked out the playhouse (it's under consideration), and headed to the park to play until Daddy had to head off to work.

The boys were playing very well together, Bitsy was happy, I was glad to be out of doors, so we stayed when Husband went to work. I let the boys play until it was time for BabyGirl to get out of school. At the school I got to visit with the other moms picking up their kids (including one who's baby is about 2 months younger than Bitsy). BabyGirl was very surprised to see us.

We headed to Busha's to pick up the sippy cups we left there on Tuesday. On the way I saw Uncle D going into a friend's house with his dog Bud. I've yet to meet Bud, so we stopped to visit for a minute. We headed to Busha's to play, visit, & eat Honey Nut Cheerios. [note: My kids always act like their starving when we get to Busha & Bucka's house. It doesn't matter if they've just eaten, they must have Honey Nut Cheerios as soon as we get there.] BabyGirl showed off her A+ spelling test (way to go, BabyGirl!!!), and #1 Son told everyone he was getting a certificate and a trip to the treasure chest on Monday (I wish you could hear him say 'certificate'...fur-tiff-uh-cut, fur-sift-i-cuft, ter-cif-ick-ut).

When we left, I thought I might stop by Uncle E & Aunt C's so they could play with J for a bit. They've been asking to go there all week. On the way, we passed by Unkie Di's cousin's (MR)house. MR has a 12 year old daughter who just got a miniature horse. Lexi was thrilled to show her off, so she hooked the horse up to her cart & gave the kids rides around the yard. They'd have ridden all day if I'd have let them. Her mom and I stood and talked until it was time to go. By that time, the kids had discovered Lexi's long forgotten play center. "Are you ready to go, guys?" A unified NO! was shouted at me. When I told them we were going to J's, they made a bee line to the van.

At J's we discovered everyone but NM was there to play. The quickly convinced J to take them outside to play. While they jumped on the trampoline & hunted in the garden with Uncle E, I sat in the house & visited with Beffie, RL, and Aunt C. RL and Beffie swept Bitsy off into the bathroom where they played country music, sang, and let her look in the mirror to her little heart's content. I discoverd RL has a beautiful voice...she's so shy, I've never heard her sing before.

Outside, B.B. & Uncle E were busy feeding scraps from the garden to their chickens. They had a little watermelon that was over ripe. Uncle E had busted it open, was feeding the insides to B.B. & the rind to the chickens. B.B. informed us,"the chickens found their treasure & they turned it into watermelon (wah-guh-medun)." Just one of the many things he's informed me of since his siblings started school.

We came home to find Art singing the entire first verse of Shall We Gather at the River on our answering machine. When I started singing along with her, BabyGirl looked up at me totally enraptured, "Mommy, how do you know that song?" Then B.B. said, "Is Miss Art here, Mommy?!" He was disappointed to find out it was only the answering machine.

I called her back with the intention of singing Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown on her voice mail, but instead I got to talk to her! She had taken dinner to QM, and a Frosty to Daddy therefore attending to their needs as is her job.

No one got out of bed after I tucked them in tonight...not even once! And #1 Son slept all night last night...or at least didn't come wake us up. He wore his shirt to bed again tonight. I'm going to make 2 more tomorrow.

Oh, and B.B. got out of the house in underpants this afternoon. I usually put a Pull-Up on him if we're going somewhere as he tends to forget about the potty if we're not at home, but I forgot today. With the exception of a few drops at the park, he stayed dry the entire time we were gone (from about 1:50 pm until shortly after 7)!!!

Now I'm pooped & in desperate need of a shower. I hope you all have wonderful weekends!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hallalujah for good days!

Unknown said...

You are the best ! Have a lovely weekend yourself !! S

Kork said...

WOW! I can see why BabyGirl said it was the best day ever...I'm a little jealous in fact...can I come live at your house? I'll be sure to stay in my own bed all night long!