May 27, 2007

A few more bits...

Baby talk. Dogs barking. Monkeys screeching. High pitched wails. Off key whistling. All are sounds my daughter is currently delighting in. All are sounds that make my skin crawl. I don't mind the sing-song voice most adults use when talking to infants (unless they're using the same voices to talk to my kids now...Heads up...none of them are infants or imbeciles...Sorry, mini-rant). I do mind the "goo-goo, gaa-gaa, ma-ma, da-da, me wan' pway wiff ooh" baby talk that young children are prone to engage in. It makes me nuts. If you must talk that way or screech like a baboon or bark in a decibel higher than most humans can hear, please do so in the privacy of your bed room. Please. If not for my mental well being, then do it for your own safety.

And now is when I profusely apologize to my mother for doing the same thing to her 26 years ago. I now know why you insisted that babies did not talk like that. Ever.

If I don't stop eating chocolate chip cookies, I'm going to be sick. It may be too late.

I want to go see Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End....by my self. I don't really want to drive into town. With gas at $3.45 a gallon, I'm too cheap to drive the 17 miles into town without a long list of reasons to be there. Don't see it happening.

If B.B. watches Shrek 2 one more time, I may turn into an Ogre.

I've run out of Jane Austen books to read. I can't bring myself to read a modern murder mystery...so I'm not reading anything at the moment. Except Blogs. I'm getting antsy.

Happy Anniversary to Inkling and Henry David!

I'm getting new glasses in about 3 weeks. They say they're burgundy, but I think pink might be a better name for the color. I love them. I'm pretty sure Husband will hate them. BabyGirl will adore them.

I need a pedicure, but I can't breath & reach my feet at the same time.

Most of my stretch marks are stretched to their fullest...I'm afraid I'll have them clear up to my arm pits by the time Bitsy gets here...Cocoa butter or not.

I think I'm going to try and take a nap. 'Try' being the key word. Oh, and I'm spending 2/3 of the night sleeping in the recliner.

4 comments:

Queen Mother said...

Poor baby

This to shall pass.


love
mama

Grace said...

Ya gotta love sympathetic mothers huh?!

But she's right again!

Anonymous said...

As always Momma is right. I hope you feel a little more up tomorrow sweety.
Hugs

anonymous jones said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah LOL!
Sorry, but your current irritation at everything is very funny and entertaining! I bet you'd love to throw a book at my head for saying that, hey!? Take some pictures and post them - I'd love to see some steam coming out of the ears shots!

Have you tried sleeping on a bean bag?