March 1, 2007

Pirate Panic...



Poor Sheen. He really needs a girl. He's been strutting for all he's worth, and the chickens couldn't care less. I think he's mighty handsome, but I doubt he cares.


No one has blown away yet. I told BabyGirl I was going to tie bricks to her before school this morning and she looked at me like I'd grown a second head. It may have made getting her shoes easier to get on. She does OK until it's time to walk out the door.


BabyGirl is officially a Book-a-Neer and gets to attend the Pirate Party tomorrow afternoon at school. We had to read 10 minutes a day for the month of February. Now, since this started February first, you'd think they'd have told us then that the kids are going to dress up for the party on the second of March...but no. The note came home today. Did I mention the party is tomorrow? "See ye there! Aarrgghh!!! Wear your pirate garb! (Pirate Dress-Up Ideas on Back)" What is wrong with these people?


BabyGirl has lucked out. Her mother (being the drama geek extraordinaire in High School) still has her Renn. Fest outfit tucked away in the closet, complete with peasant blouse that may be transformed into proper pirate garb before midnight tonight (if I ever get off this stinking computer). I'll have to scavenge through the closets to come up with something, but what I'd like to do is shake the reading teacher by the shoulders. Maybe I'll pierce her ears and let her wear my giant gold hoops to school...Oh, we can cover her with temporary tattoos...I may be on a roll here!


The ENT office called today (after I called and left a message this morning). BabyGirl and #1 Son go the 21st to get their tubes put in. Doc does all his procedures in one day starting with the youngest patients first. We won't know until the day before what time, because they schedule them all at once & then sort them out by age. I'm just glad we have a date.


Well, I am off to swath my eldest in pirate fashions...Just call her Captain Jack...no, wait, I think she'd much rather be Elizabeth Swan.
I must toot my own horn for a moment...This is what I put together in less than 30 minutes tonight. It is now 7 pm, and the pirate panic has passed! I just hope she's as excited about wearing her garb tomorrow as she is tonight.
Oh, and some of you may be getting a picture of her in full regalia making her best pirate face in your email in box. I so wish I could have posted it here, but alas, Husband has a strict No Faces policy (that I totally respect).

7 comments:

Brando said...

Great costume! I'll be keeping you in my prayers during the surgeries. Hopefully, things will be better. It made a REMARKABLE difference in Yin!

Nan said...

I'm so amazed at what you did. It's a great looking costume. That Bookaneer Party sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll mention it to Cath.

Anonymous said...

I wish for a picture..I wish for a picture..I wish for a picture of pirate baby girl...It's going to be so sweet!! Avast ye matie!!

(I sent baby girl an email earlier)

hugs baby girl and farmwife

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow...you had all that kickin' around your house? Fab-ewe-luss! She's going to have a blast!

zann said...

Where's my picture! I really wanna see that. From just looking at the pic, it appears you pulled together one fine costume. Well done.

zann said...

Where's my picture! I really wanna see that. From just looking at the pic, it appears you pulled together one fine costume. Well done.

Lauren said...

AWESOME costume! I finally just got around to reading the post.

I'm surprised my hubby doesn't have a no faces policy, with his background and career aspirations.