March 2, 2007

Boys and Their Toys...


Although my eldest son has informed me that it is not a toy; it is just a vrooming thing. Technically it is a 2006 Honda Rancher 350 4x4. No farmboy is happy without a four wheeler, and mine's been hunting them for 4 years now. This morning we stopped by the Yamaha dealer in town on our way to the grocery. He found just what he wanted & since it's last year's model, we got a decent deal on it.
Ours is dark green...I didn't get a good picture of it, so I scavenged this one from South Africa. #1 Son says it's name is Green 4-Wheeler. The boys are over the moon. BabyGirl will be too when she gets home and sees it. Big BIL has one (very similar to ours), and FIL has a small 4-wheeler. The kids are constantly begging rides from them. I feel much safer knowing they'll be riding with their dad from here on out.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather tomorrow (although it's supposed to turn cold), so they can all take rides. Husband even let me drive it around the yard. As I've only driven one once (about 7 years ago...and then only enough to get through the fence he was holding open), I was a little nervous. But I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it...someday!

4 comments:

Brando said...

WOW!! I sure hope Rudy doesn't read you blog today. He wants one.

Brando said...

IT is really nice!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

My hubby wants one as well...but he's nobly putting off buying such toys till the girls are old enough to enjoy it with him. Ah, the sweetness.

It really is pretty spiffy looking!

Anonymous said...

Don't you go fallin' off that thing girl!! I'm so happy for hubby. He has the patience to wait for the right one to come to him..Baby Girl will be excited to see it I'm sure when she comes home (not to self it's 3:49pm my time I'm pretty sure you are scraping her and the boys off the ceiling wanting to ride it) Hopefully it's still sane at your home..