March 2, 2007

Amazing Baby, Painful Joints

The other day, Husband told me about a story he'd heard on the radio about a baby born at just over 21 weeks who had survived. Tonight I finally looked it up and found this. It's absolutely amazing! My baby is 22+ weeks right now, and the thought of her being born now terrifies me. I had a contraction last night (don't panic, it was Braxton Hicks) and it made me think of this baby and her mother. The pictures are incredible.

I have mentioned in the past that as my pregnancies progress, and the ligaments begin to stretch, I have a hard time walking. My hips and pelvis hurt almost constantly. With BabyGirl the pain didn't start until 40 weeks. On my due date exactly. Since she was born at 41 weeks, it was a bad week, but not unbearable. With #1 Son it started at about 36 weeks. Not a fun month. With B.B. it began at 32 weeks. By the time he was born I was using my great-grandmother's walker to get to the bathroom in the night (not an exaggeration...oh, how I wish it was).

It has already started with Bitsy. I noticed today that my pelvis was a little achy and it wasn't easy to get down to put on the boys shoes. It took me a little while to place where I'd felt this before, and then it hit me...This could be bad. Real Bad. I use to joke with Husband that come my 4th pregnancy I wouldn't be able to walk come my 6th month...I still have more than a week to go until then. At this rate I may be couch ridden for the last 10 weeks or so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweety..I'm including you in my fasting on Sunday!!..Please take care. you are in my thoughts

Lauren said...

Ouch. Praying for you!!!! Stay off your feet as much as possible!@