December 29, 2006

Big Plans for the Weekend

My new hat from Mama & Daddy for Christmas! How farmgirl is that?
Queen Mother and Daddy went to Wal-Mart with me and the kids this morning. I think Daddy was a little frazzled by the time the shopping trip was over. Truth be told, he wasn't the only one. It was a wild trip. B.B. kept escaping. #1 Son was winy and unhappy most of the trip. But a stop at McDonalds with Grammy & Pa made it all better.


Then Mama & Daddy headed north to Grandma M&M's for her 80th Birthday celebration. The kids and I are going up for the day on Sunday. We're having an open house for her...by we I mean Aunt D, Daddy, and Uncle Greenteeth & Silver Belle. I plan on visiting and wrangling my kids and making the 2 1/2 hour trip all in one piece. If you think about me on Sunday, please pray. I'll probably be making the trip on my own as Husband will have his hands full here that being his only day off. I'll head up that morning, and home that afternoon...hopefully before the drunk crazies hit the road for New Year's Eve. It's not an easy trip, but well worth it!

I need to wash the top I'm going to wear, fix Husband something for his lunch tomorrow, bake more gingerbread cookies, and clean up the toys. I'd rather nap and watch Pride & Prejudice or read Jane Eyre...

I think B.B. may be suffering from some strange nutritional deficiency. Every time I look at him today he's licking his hands/arm/shirt. OK, so the shirt thing was to get the drip of ice cream, but really, this boy isn't right.

1 comment:

Grace said...

I didn't realize she was turning 80!! Grandma and Grandpa M&M just always seemed to be exactly the same as they were growing up until she had the stroke. They suddenly looked tired!! They are such an awesome couple!! (and I always know where to look for them at church... middle right section, up front :))

I'm headed for Mom and Dad's on Monday afternoon!! I wish I could head over on Sunday for the Open House and to see you, but we don't get in from WV until tomorrow night, and besides I really wanna be with my Smart Guy for New Years!!