December 29, 2006

Look for the Silver Lining

Today we need to welcome the Aunt formerly known as Greenteeth to the wonderful world of Blogdom! She will henceforth be known as Silver Belle. She is Inkling and My aunt...married to the brother of Inkling's mother and my father (who may remain Uncle Greenteeth unless he does or says something to make us change his name...and no, he is not dentally challenged). Her link is in my side bar, please pop over and make her first few days memorable. I'm thrilled to have her here!

When I was little there was this wedding. I don't remember much about the lead up to, but I do remember Inkling being less than cooperative at the rehearsal. She was to be the flower girl, but wouldn't practice, so I got to step in. I was a little upset when Inkling changed her mind the next day and wanted to be the flower girl. I was so ready to take over for her.

If not for that memory, I'd say Silver Belle had always been there. Really she was. I believe she and Uncle GT were dating when I was born, so I don't remember life without her. I used to spend the night with her and Uncle GT before their boys came along. There was a giant teddy bear in the spare room that I loved to sit on. Uncle GT had snakes in an aquarium that terrified my mother. He also had a motorcycle before Daddy got his (I think they were identical bikes). They had a dog that ate ice cream (Ralph) and another I personally thought was mine (Rosie). Silver Belle makes the best Snicker doodles known to man and has a cool old step stool you can sit backwards on to eat them. She's been know to dye milk green on St.Patrick's Day (not to mention the mashed potatoes). She can decorate an entire house with wallpaper scraps and clearance rack treasures. She adores Noah's ark and makes a mean broccoli casserole.

In all, she's a pretty good Aunt! And I'm glad she's come to play.

No comments: