May 9, 2015

If you need me, I'll be doodling.

I got an email a few weeks back from my Internet boyfriend- Eric. He was reaching out to blogging moms to see if we wanted to review a new book by the same ladies who wrote these amazing board books. How could I say no?

Yesterday this beauty came in the mail:


It has been available from Gibbs Smith since August of last year. You can order it directly from the publishers or hit up Amazon. If you're housing a doodler, or happen to be a doodler at heart yourself, especially one with a penchant for classic literature, I highly suggest it.

I REALLY wish I could post pictures from the inside of the book, but alas, they are not readily available and my scanner is on the fritz. But given the opportunity to color Netherfield Hall, draw a new hat for Anna Karenina, The Hound of the Baskervilles hanging out on a cliff, Queequeg's tattoos, stamps for Mina to put on her letters to Harker, hats for The Mad Hatter, or weather vanes for Wuthering Heights, who can resist?

Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver did an amazing job on the drawings and ideas in the book. There are quite a few pages for you to fill in with your own doodling, some simple crafts, invitations for themed parties, places you can write stories, and lots of pages that tell you to make multiple copies. The pages are perforated so you can pull them out and share one book between multiple children.

That said, I'm not entirely sure I'm going to share this one with the FarmHands. I like it too much. Do moms really have to share? Perhaps I'll stash it away for those rainy days during Summer break when the natives get restless.

No comments: