August 15, 2012

She's Got Spirit, Yes She Do!

Forgive my entire lack of grammar skills.  It couldn't be helped.

As you may remember my darling eldest child is now a Rah-Rah.  She hates it when I call her that as Cheerleaders no longer shout "Rah-Rah!"  but I persist because I think it's funny.

Her school colors are maroon & white ("When I say 'maroon' you say 'white,'" doesn't have quite the same ring as, "When I say 'purple' you say 'gold.'" But that's just my opinion) so when it came time to cast up last night, that's what she went with.  

Her teachers were impressed but have also said she didn't have to go to such extremes to show her school spirit.  

Now she's waiting for the swelling to go down so she can take her silver sharpie to school and let everyone sign it.

We saw the Orthopedic surgeon yesterday afternoon.  He said the bone had shifted just the tiniest bit but because of the position of her growth plates and her age it won't cause a problem.  We go back in next Thursday night to have it x-rayed to make sure things haven't shifted.  I fear my child may begin to glow in the dark after all this radiation.

The cast has cut the pain down considerably.  She's taking ibuprofen a few times a day for the pain, but it's not bad.  Itching seems to be the biggest issue at the moment.  We may try benadryl before bed tonight.

No comments: