January 8, 2012

Ohhhh, pretty.

I'm a sucker for new pretty things.  Don't believe me?  Go check out my Pinterest boards.  A few days ago I realized I couldn't get into my Blogger Dashboard.  I was informed by the text across the top of the page that refused to load that my browser was out of date.  The next day Facebook told me the same thing.

Hurrah, I thought, I now get to spend hours upon hours downloading new software for a browser that locks up on me on a regular basis.  After polling my Facebook friends, I decided to go with Google Chrome instead...and now everything is new & pretty...Even my blog post page!

But even newer and prettier is....drum roll please....an award!!  Canningmama (another mom of four going in circles just like yours truly) had nominated me for a super cute award & I get to share the love.  I love to share the love.  Before I go any further, a huge 'thank you' is due to Canningmama, so...THANK YOU, CANNINGMAMA!

Here's the deets:

  • Attach said award to your blog 
  • Tell folks 10 things about yourself that they may not know. 
  • Nominate 6 other bloggers for the award.
By the time you stumble over here, I'm hoping I've got the award neatly posted in my sidebar...if not, just give me a minute, would ya'?!  Geesh, you all are pushy.

And now for the 10 things about me....Um....well....I'm pretty sure you know it all by now, so if these are repeats, I offer my sincerest apologies.
  1. I am horrifically afraid of rats and roaches.  I once ran screaming from my dorm room because a roach crawled across the floor.  My roommate had to kill it & show proof of death before I'd come out of the hallway.
  2. I nearly named Lilly May 'Asta' after the fox terrier from the Thin Man films.  Asta is the reason I've always wanted a fox terrier so I thought it appropriate.  On our way to pick up Lilly, I told Husband and the three oldest FarmHands my plan.  A 4 year old BabyGirl immediately piped in with, "Oooh, and we can call her 'Ass' for short!"  It didn't take long for me to decide to go with 'Lilly May' instead. 
  3. If you ask me who my best friend is my first answer will probably not be, "Husband."  I know many women who claim their husbands as their best friends.  I'm not one of them.  Art holds that position hands down.  She has since the moment we were no longer roommates back in July/August of 1996 (it was part of our roommate agreement that we could not be best friends while living together).
  4. I'm mildly addicted to word search puzzles.  I can go years without doing one, but as soon as I have a  word search book in my possession, nothing else in life matters.  Not food, or sleep, or even HGTV.
  5. When I was 8 years old I was in a fashion show for a local children's boutique with Bubba and Princess.  I was jealous of another girl who got to carry a red parasol.  Later I went to grade school with her & we still talk on Facebook regularly.  
  6. I really want to be a full time lunch lady next year at the FarmHands' school.
  7. 5 months after getting a new washer & dryer, I still look for loads of laundry to wash just so I can play with my 'new' toy.
  8. I suspect the word 'karaoke' is Japanese for, "Proving once again that no one sings as wonderfully in real life as they do in the shower."
  9. I really hate beans.  I mean REALLY hate them.
  10. I'm a 35 year old mother of 4 & I catch myself wondering what Doctor Who is up to right now.
OK, that's enough of that.  Now for the sharing of the love.  My nominees for the Kreativ Blogger Award are:

Ordinary Sarah at Ordinary Days (yes, I know her name is not really Ordinary Sarah, but I cannot help but think of her with that title.  I love it.)

Kitty at Tikki Trips (she doesn't post often, but when she does it makes me happy...plus, I know her in real life.)

My Lovely English friend Sarah at The Secret Life of an Unknown Housewife  (she sings, she dances, she draws...well, one out of three isn't bad.  In reality, she does make some beautiful art and she RAN a MARATHON!)

Miss Layla at Wish Fulfillment Every Day (again, I know her in real life and she cracks me up even when she's having her guts repeatedly removed & examined.)

Mama Brown at the Brown Family Sound Off  (yikes, I know a lot of people in real life.  Mama & her Brownies keep me grounded & remind me what's really important in life.)

And finally, My dear cousin Inkling who's currently hanging out at her public blog (she makes me think, even when I don't want to and she reads real books!  Like ones without pictures!  Even NON-fiction.  That alone deserves an award.)

Now I shall send you out into the world to share the love.

3 comments:

kitty said...

Awww, that's so sweet! Thank you, Shauna!

sarah at secret housewife said...

Ah! That is lovely of you! Thank you!!! I shall go and practise my singing and dancing now!! Sarah x

Layla said...

I really hate beans, too! Really!

Aw thank you!!! :D Yay!