August 6, 2011

The pool, it calls to us, Poppet.

Much like the Aztec gold called to the crew of the Black Pearl on that pirate movie everyone was so crazy about, Free Swim Day calls to us. This is the second year in a row we've packed the FarmHands up for the one and only time we've gone to the city pool for the summer only to arrive on Free Swim Day. We never know when it's coming but somehow always end up there.

First trip to the pool this summer & 2 minutes in and #1 Son falls running to the water slide and skins up both knees in a bad way. Being the totally unsympathetic mother I am, I asked, "Do you finally understand the NO RUNNING rule at the pool?" Yeah, hard lesson learned.

In truth, I did not want to go swimming today. Husband started talking about it yesterday & I began hoping for a serious down pour. I woke up to thunder & rain & a decent headache. Husband and I began discussing The Smurfs but the rain broke, the sun came out, and the FarmHands voted 3 to 1 for swimming....much to my chagrin.

In the end, we had a good time & I'm glad my grumpiness didn't dampen things too much.

No comments: