August 31, 2011

How to be Awesome Like Aunt FarmWife

First of all, you must have a nephew like HT. HT is a special sort of person. As Bucka said this morning, HT would have turned Art Linkletter upside down. HT has an answer to every question, a solution to every problem, and drama to make it all fun. My sister often tells me she fears she's given birth to the male version of me.

I love my nephew. He is firmly planted in my list of my favorite human beings.

I've been coaching him for the past year or so to tell people I am awesome. Every time he asks me something I tell him, "Because I'm awesome." When ever his mother is around I say, "HT, what am I?" and he has been conditioned to say, "You are awesome." Although sometimes it's said with a great deal of apathy and sometimes it's totally forgotten & replaced with, "You are my Aunt FarmWife."

Lately he's been telling Princess that when he grows up he's going to be awesome like Aunt FarmWife. A few days ago he was talking to the mother of a friend of mine from high school. She asked him, "Who's FarmWife?" and he replied, "She is awesome & she is my girlfriend." QM asked him what Uncle FarmBoy would think about that. "Him is an adult."

Now if only I could convince the FarmHands that I'm awesome. Daddy says to let that dream die. It's never going to happen.

No comments: