December 16, 2010

We have ice.

It appears to be just a thin sheet, but it's enough to ensure my children will spend the second day this week trapped in the house. Maybe today I'll find something for them to do besides veg out in front of the TV. Then again, maybe not. In front of the TV, they can all stay bundled in blankets and much pop corn while I fold Mt. Saint Laundry and make noodles.

Last week I emptied my wrapping paper stash & wrapped most of the Christmas gifts. There are still 3 or 4 things to be wrapped but I'm out of paper. This year (like every year) I plan on hitting the after Christmas sales & restocking my supply. By "like every year" I mean the plan, not the actual purchasing. I never seem to make it that far.

I didn't get any jelly made this spring so I was at a loss as to what I was going to give the teachers for Christmas. A person can only get so many coffee cups, scented lotions, and candles. This may not be terribly original (Cookies for Christmas, really?), but this year our gift is going to be a tin of home made Pfefferneuse with the recipe tucked in a card. This means I'll spend most of my weekend baking cookies the size of hazel nuts.

Maybe it's a good thing we're all home bound today.

No comments: