April 19, 2010

Yawn. Um...wha?

That's pretty much how I've felt all day today. The massive amount of pollen swirling around out doors has finally hit me....like a Mack truck. I can breath now, but I would happily sleep this day away....if someone little hadn't peed in my bed this morning.


Yesterday was an exceptionally busy day making all 4 FarmHands plus their Mama sleep like the dead last night. In turn, that made Bitsy lose bladder control sometime early this morning as she slept stretched across the foot of our bed. Since she gave up diapers & pull-ups back in November, she's only wet the bed 3 times & one of those times was at Grammy & Pa's at Christmas. I'm so very thankful. This is also the first time she's had an accident in our bed. For that, I wasn't so thankful...but since I was already up & going, it didn't bother me much. Husband, on the other hand, wasn't real happy to be wrenched out of his warm bed by a big wet spot.


Somehow, that one little incident made this morning more hectic than I thought possible. Suddenly, instead of getting 3 kids fed, teeth brushed, hair combed, lunch packed,and out the door, I had to add, empty dryer, toss wash in dryer, toss comforter in wash, spray down mattress & clean it, bathe wet Bitsy, dry & dress Bitsy, and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. It was fun. ADD at it's best.



I should probably toss my sheets in the dryer so I can go to bed at a decent hour, but I'm still feeling....yawn...um...wha?



But yesterday was a great day. Church, the baptism of a cousin, playing at the cousin's house with my girls, fishing with a large chunk of Husband's family, a sanded picnic table, a nap for Bitsy, a failed wiener roast (I realized, way too late, that I only had 3 hot dogs in the fridge), lots & lots & lots of roasted marshmallows, stories by the campfire, and a serious ring around the bathtub.



I think I fell asleep around 9:30 last night. I think I should beat that time tonight. Then, possibly, I'll get my mommy mojo back tomorrow. Ohhhhh, and I have to make a red t-shirt look like a ladybug's shell for BabyGirl's Spring musical on Wednesday.



Yikes.



Yawn.

No comments: