January 28, 2010

Here's to Mid-Winter Apathy.

Someone please tell me Spring is on it's way. Even if it's a lie. I don't care, I just need to hear it.

A few days ago, I outed Annie as a red-headed, lying, she-devil. The sun does not come out tomorrow. It hides behinds clouds for weeks on end. If it does happen to peek out for a moment, it does so frigidly & weakly. I need a strong, bright, warm dose of sunshine before I throw in the towel & move to the Pacific Northwest. If I'm going to live under near constant cloud cover, I should, at the very least, have the scenery to go along with it.

When the clouds roll in, my desire to do anything at all rolls out. We're scraping by. We're not buried under laundry or dirty dishes. The house stays manageable for the most part. But I've given up. Facebook & the DVR suck up most of my time. We're living on frozen pizza & mac & cheese. When I do manage to crawl out from under my blanket on the couch, it's only to put forth the most basic & pathetic of efforts.

Vitamin D & a bouquet of tulips would work wonders at this point.

5 comments:

Gail said...

Spring is one day closer than it was.

Queen Mother said...

just come down. we will take the hhr to the beach. that is if you are in big girl panties.

zann said...

right there with ya. Not a fan of winter.

Inkling said...

You say "redheaded" like it's a bad thing. I think that's not fair. Annie has frizz issues, but the red is just fine. ;)

Rae said...

Spring is on its way.
Spring is on its way.
Spring is on its way.
You know I'm lying.
But if it makes you feel any better, I have become a couch potato, too. Like, twice baked, even. Mushy and fat and full of cheese.