I'm pretty sure one of the requirements for the award is that the recipient is supposed to post 6 unknown things about herself (himself if the blogger is indeed male...yes, I know that rare creature exists out there somewhere, they just avoid Memoirs like the plague...well, most do anyway). I'm not sure I can think of 6 things about myself that I've yet to share here, so forgive me if I repeat myself.
- I was famous in grade school/middle school for telling "Family Stories" in class. I get this trait from my mother & she gets it from her father. It resurfaced later when I was working at the factory. I'm related to someone who's related to someone who knows someone who's done nearly everything imaginable & I have a story for it. I think mostly, I drove people crazy.
- When I was a newly wed, I wanted to have two children. That's it, just two. I think I overshot that a bit.
- I used to own a sugar glider named Vern. He screeched all night, bit me frequently, and peed all over everything. Eventually we gave him to friends who were much more nocturnal than we were.
- When I was four years old, I told everyone I wanted to be a poisonous snake when I grew up. Today B.B. informed me that, "My brain told me I'm going to grow a stinger just like a wasp when I grow up, and wings like them, too. And it says I'll be able to run like them." Apparently it's genetic.
- I had head lice most of the summer between fourth & fifth grade. I picked it up from the girl who lived across the street from us. That same summer (before we knew I was crawling with tiny, itchy friends), Bucka & Busha took me & 2 cousins to my Aunt & Uncle's in Florida by way of my Aunt & Uncle's in Tennessee. Somehow no one outside of my immediate family caught the little critters. Now, be honest- your head is itching, isn't it?
- I was crazy in love with John Schneider when I was little....like 5 or 6 years old. Really, who could resist Bo Duke? QM even had his Christmas album & I'd listen to it over & over again. Bo Duke sings Rudolph...every little girl's dream.
And now to pass on my lovely award to six other lucky blogging ladies (see, guys, you should blog more & you might get pretty pink awards).
- My new/old friend Mama Brown. We were acquaintances way back in the day (yeah, wouldn't you like to know more?) and have reconnected via Facebook (have I mentioned how much I love Facebook?) and blogs. You should check her out, it's a great read!
- Sarah from This Mom's Wired, formerly known as The Mom Chronicles. You've gotta' love her Thursday Ten & getting updates on her guitar lessons. Makes me wish I had a musical bone in my body!
- One more Sarah...this one from Ordinary Days. She married a man from Albania, was in the Army, has three boys & a girl on the way, homeschools, blogs, and makes me laugh with great regularity.
- A Starry Night....not because she blogs or anything, but because I'm hoping to prod her into blogging by way of an award. She's going to be my cousin someday & I'm stoked about that....and she makes really cool looking flowers out of scrap fabric (I should ask her to teach me)....and she's writing her Senior Thesis (or something like that) on Jane Austen. So she pretty well rocks!
- Mommy to Four Little People. What can I say? Whew! What this girl is going through right now is mind boggling....and she's so very honest about it all. Her blog is private, but if you ask nicely, she might let you in.
- And finally, an awards ceremony isn't complete until I bestow one on my best friend in the whole wide world.....Art! It's always a party at her place & I wish I could spend more time there. But for now, all I can say is, "Christmas is coming, the Goose is getting fat!"
Thanks so much, Ang, for sharing the love! I think you're Gorgeous too!
And please, don't forget to scroll down and enter my first ever give-away! So far I've only got two entries, so they've got a 50/50 chance. Make it a little tougher on them, would ya'?!