July 28, 2009

Things I'm freaking out about today:

  1. It's only Tuesday. Seriously. My warped self is pretty sure it's at least Thursday. This is going to be a long week.
  2. I still haven't mailed the invites for Beck's shower. I forgot I wanted to send note cards to write down recipes...now I have to either print up notes explain why there's a blank card in the envelope, or I'll have to write out the explanation 15 times.
  3. My carpet is in desperate need of a shampooing. I'm going to wait until the week before the shower & try to get it done while the FarmHands are at school.
  4. Speaking of school, we haven't heard a start date yet....August 13th or 14th....possibly. That's a tad frustrating since we're so close.
  5. There's a chance they could be shutting down the kids' school next year. The ancient gym was condemned this summer because of termite damage. The options range from a new gym, to fixing the old one, to shutting the whole place down & busing the kids 15 miles down the road to the county school. There's a town meeting about it, but it's during VBS, so I can't attend.
  6. I'm room mother for #1 Son's class this year. Mrs.G actually wanted me in charge of people. Yikes!
  7. I haven't purchased a single pencil or glue stick yet. The school supply lists haven't hit Wal-Mart yet....again, frustrating.
  8. (This one is a good thing) I am loving the book QM brought me. Angry Conversations With God. I highly recommend it....especially if you are a fan of funny, snarky women.
  9. My nails are long. I guess this one needs explaining. I bit them until I was 21. Down to bloody nubs of nails. Gross. Now I see-saw between cutting them very short & growing them out to a decent length. I'm wondering if they'll last through the end of September. It would be nice to have decent looking nails when I get to put on my lovely blue dress & walk down the aisle in front of my soon-to-be sister-in-law.
  10. I would really like a weekend away with my husband on or near our anniversary. I'm not sure if that will be feasible, but I want it. The only "alone time" we've had since BabyGirl was born was when I was in the hospital giving birth to one of her siblings. 8 years is a long time to go without alone time.
  11. My house is trashed in the way only small children can trash a house & I'm pretty sure I'm going to opt for a nap in lieu of cracking the mom whip to make them pick up. For now anyway.

That's it for now. Remind me later to tell you about Lilly May & the birds.

No comments: