June 3, 2009

Things are not looking good for today

Today, I fear, will be one of those days. It's 8:56 in the morning & I'm already looking forward to bedtime. This does not bode well for the rest of the day.

Yesterday we all lounged around sweating on each other. Why didn't we turn on the AC, you might ask? It's not been on yet & I keep putting off the inevitable because our electric bill is supposed to do some serious climbing this year (in the range of 20% or so). I've been hanging clothes out on the line & trying not to run the stove too much in hopes of keeping the temperature at an acceptable level in the house. Yesterday it was in the mid 90's, but I knew a cold front & rain were on their way, so we suffered through it.

At about 4 o'clock, our patience was rewarded & the temperature dropped 10 degrees in 20 minutes. I loaded the FarmHands up on the 4 wheeler & we headed out to have an adventure....and adventure that left us racing home in an attempt to beat the rain that was quickly approaching. But they loved it!

This morning the three oldest kids have alternated between best friends & worst enemies every 45 seconds or so. I'm waiting for blood to be shed. It's a real possibility today. And since the rain has stuck around leaving our yard a swampy mess, they'll be housebound again today. Yippe skippee.

To top it all off, Andrew (my mini daschund)is not doing well. I fear his system is shutting down & he'll not be with us much longer....as in probably before the weekend. That makes me sad. I bought him shortly after Husband & I were married. Even though he's become the proverbial bump on a log the past year or so, I will still miss him.

3 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Sorry to hear about your doggy. Here's hoping for an easy and painless journey for the little guy.
And another prayer that your yard dries up, your kids calm down and you get some good sleep all before tomorrow comes. :)

Unknown said...

I am sorry about Andrew.Thinking of you all. S

Staci said...

Oh - if I just lived somewhere that I could hop on the 4-wheeler and take my kids somewhere.They'd love me!

You are an awesome mom.