June 9, 2009

Life continues

I'm pleased to report that Sunday morning came & #1 Son was feeling good again. Yesterday the doctor's office called & said they were calling in a script for antibiotics because he tested positive for parainfluenza. I said he was better, no fever, no sore throat, but they still want him on antibiotics. I'm leaning towards not giving them to him....he's completely symptom free & was within 48 hours of getting sick. I really don't want to give him unnecessary antibiotics.

BabyGirl enjoyed her birthday Saturday. I cannot cope with my baby being 8 years old. It does not seem possible. She got a new fishing pole & a tackle box & was happy as a clam about it. I'm pretty sure she'd spend all day casting & reeling if her daddy was around to take the fish off the hook for her.

As to Andrew's death, the kids are handling it very well. They mention him from time to time. They comment that it's just not fair that he had to die. They tell me they miss him. But there have been no tears recently & they usually go back to what ever they were doing fairly quickly. I think Lilly May & I are taking it the hardest. She sniffs around the place his kennel used to sit & seems confused by his absence. I saw his kennel sitting out in the shed this weekend & it broke my heart a little more.

The kids have tried to convince me that we need a new inside dog, but I disagree. Husband suggested a cat, but I think I'm allergic & I recall the vet bills the last time we brought a farm kitten in the house (YIKES!!!). So for now I'm happy with Lilly & she's plenty.

1 comment:

Kork said...

So thankful that no sickness has reared its ugly head this time around...I say we chalk it up to summertime...who wants to be sick on vacation?!?!?!?

I'm with you on the dog thing...take your time making a decision...besides, you may decide that no more inside dogs would be just fine...less to clean up! More space in the kitchen...or so my head keeps telling me, but my heart hurts a little to think that he's gone too... :(