Frank Warren is the man behind the Post Secret web site. I saw him interviewed about a year ago & he said the most common secret he receives in the mail, hands down, is, "I pee in the shower." I thought it was hysterical.
My husband cannot abide this practice. When we were first married he told me the one rule he gave his older brother when Big BIL moved in with him. No peeing in the shower. Ever. I didn't think much of it except that he was so adamant about it.
A few months ago this discussion came up at some social event comprised mainly of his family. Why we were talking about peeing in the shower is beyond me, but Big BIL made a comment about Husband's rule. A cousin was gobsmacked. "But everybody pees in the shower! That's so weird." I laughed & Husband's head snapped around & looked at me. "You don't, do you?!" I said it didn't really matter since I only shower in the master bath & he only showers in the kids' bathroom...but then I admitted to doing it when absolutely necessary...like when I'm 9 months pregnant & my bladder is doing weird things or shortly after my c-sections when I couldn't tell when I had to pee until it was nearly too late. It's not a regular practice.
But it did get me thinking. Is my husband really odd in his thinking? Am I a total freak for my feelings on it? SO, I'm putting a poll in my side bar. I really don't expect you to comment on this & reveal your shower peeing preferences in public, but clicking the poll is completely anonymous. Please, click for me!
For those of you unconcerned with my peeing habits, I've borrowed a meme from Lori.
1. Where is your cell phone? In the junk drawer in the kitchen
2. Where is your significant other? Still asleep
3. Your hair color? Brown
4. Your mother? The Queen Mother (all hail the Queen Mother) lives entirely too far away from me.
5. Your father? Will still be my "Daddy" even when I'm 80.
6. Your favorite thing? Movies...at least today.
7. Your dream last night? Oddly enough, I can't remember
8. Your dream/goal? I think I might like to own my own business someday. When the kids are older.
9. The room you are in? The wigga room as my kids call it (that's baby talk for living room & they've all called it that at some point)
10. Your hobby? Blogging!
11. Your fear? Snow & Ice
12. Where do you want to be in six years? A more active member of our community (again, the kids will be older)
13. Where were you last night? Parent teacher conference, Bucka & Busha's, and Uncle E's house 14. What you're not? Disciplined
15. One of your wish list items? An apple green Kitchen Aid Mixer
16. Where you grew up? Central Illinois & Middle Tennessee
17. The last thing you did? Put a band-aid on B.B.'s toe & wiped Bitsy's nose.
18. What are you wearing? Old blue flannel jammies.
19. Your T.V.? Old-style (not flat) 19 inch RCA. And it's the only one we have.
20. Your pet? Lilly May, Andrew, Bonpas, Aurora, Luke (all dogs), about 12 cats, 3 sheep, 2 goats, a duck named Lucy that won't quit pooping on my steps, one cow, one horse, and a few rabbits running loose in the yard.
21. Your computer? eMachines T3604 Desktop from QM & Daddy
22. Your mood? Apathetic
23. Missing someone? My nephew HT....oh, and his mom too, I guess. :)
24. Your car? Mammy my 2004 Black Cherry Chevy Astro
25. Something you're not wearing? a Sombrero
26. Favorite store? Target (how I wish we had one near)
27. Your Summer? Was too long ago.
28. Love someone? Yes...lots of someones in all shapes & sizes
29. Your favorite color? Green, Blue, Purple
30. When is the last time you laughed? Last night at Uncle E's house talking to Uncle E, Aunt C, Aunt CB, Breezie, 'Livi, and NM.
31. Last time you cried? Does teary count? I almost cried yesterday while listening to the country station.