October 30, 2008

I will survive.

It's over. Sort of. Dr.K only took out the tooth with the missing filling that's giving me so much trouble. He didn't see the need to take out the bottom two that are fully erupted (which was my thought to begin with, but my last Dentist, Dr.T, is anti-wisdom tooth & was determined to have them all ripped out). Dr.K said since the bottom ones were recently filled (like 2 years ago) and insurance does not like to pay to have recently filled teeth removed if there's not good reason, he'd take x-rays, send them off to insurance & see if they'd approve the extractions before he started pulling. The top right tooth is impacted & coming in sideways. He said it looked OK for now so we're just going to wait to see what insurance has to say about it too.

The one with the missing filling (top left) had to come out, so he numbed me up and pulled it. The extraction took all of about 15 seconds.

Right now my jaw aches a bit & my mouth feels odd. The numbness has worn off & I've taken my first pain pill. I've also attempted to eat everything in the house...OK, so mashed potatoes, yogurt, and ice cream, but I may head back in for some tomato soup soon. I'm so stinking hungry! Weird.

So as it stands, there was lots & lots of nervousness & build up for nothing. Thank the Lord.

4 comments:

Kork said...

I'm glad to hear it was just the one! And, you know, you'll feel like Nachos, and caramels in about an hour or so, when the pain pill kicks in...

Enjoy a visit with QM!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was all for one instead of one for all. enjoy your time with queen mother

Gail said...

I am so glad it was less invasive than you feared.

Mrs.X said...

So glad that it was an anti-climactic experience. I hope you are feeling better already!