June 2, 2008

Cussing with the FarmHands

We really try not to cuss around the kids. I really try not to cuss at all. Not altogether good at the not cussing thing some days, but I try. I really don't want a call from the principal asking where BabyGirl learned such colorful language. Don't want to watch old women in Wal-Mart turn a deathly shade of white & pass out due to my children's choice of adjectives. I had a friend once who walked through the store loudly proclaiming over her sons' Tourrete Syndrome to cover up the less than family friendly vocabulary picked up from their dad & grandpa.



But sometimes things happen. A few weeks ago #1 Son informed B.B. he was going to, "Kick your ass!" I swooped in pretty quickly and informed him that was not something we said in this house (or outside of it for that matter). I was calm & tried not to make a big deal of it & it hasn't happened since. One day BabyGirl screamed for the boys to "get the hell out" of her room. This also did not go over well & was quickly dealt with. It's really be a non-issue for us so far.

The FarmHands, especially #1 Son, have adapted rather creatively. Much to the amusement of his older cousins, when #1 Son gets frustrated, he curses Spongebob style. His favorite curse words: Tartar Sauce! Fish Sticks! Barnacle! And if you cross him & he gets really made, he'll call you a barnacle head. OK, so maybe not you...but if his siblings cross him, he doesn't hesitate to call them "Barnacle Head." That's an interesting mental picture, I must admit (really, you can find anything on the interweb).

Are mine the only kids that have picked this up? What do your kids say when they're frustrated? What do you say? Husband's Grandma in Country used to say "Sugar Beets" in place of Sh*t. I tend to curse rather creatively as well. Many people are taken back when they hear me interject, "Son of a motherless goat!" In all fairness, I stole that from Three Amigos! I've been hearing "Son of a biscuit eater" lately...but it doesn't have that certain ring to it.

So, lets hear it. How do you curse creatively? And please, keep it clean...that's the whole point of creativity in this case.

9 comments:

Art the Omnipotent said...

Syd says "Oh snip" instead of snap because well, it's just too popular. C.A. says "Oh snuggle bottoms". Don't ask because I don't know. A nice one I picked up from their Dad, "Crap on a dog". Not sure if it's just information or instructions.

Anonymous said...

oh snap
sweet nibblets
shuckin' corn
son of a biscuit eater
dad gum it

Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Wayne (G'ma M&M's brother) used to say "shucky dern"

zann said...

"Fudge" is a favorite of mine
and I've picked up one from a coworker "Oh! Love a duck!" that just cracks me up when he says it..so it has been integrated into my frustrated vocabulary.

Kork said...

I have to be extra careful as Captain Chaos is into repeating EVERYTHING I say...so right now, its a lot of swearing in my head, with the external reaction of taking a giant, huge, deep breath, holding it for as long as I possibly can, and then letting it out.

Just don't do that too many times in a row, or you'll get lightheaded and pass out...if you're still in a cussin' mood after 2, go as far from your kiddos as you can, close as many doors as possible and run water if applicable to the room you're in, and then swear...

I'm working on BB...he just lets fly...and one of these days, Capt Chaos is gonna drop the F-bomb in front of the pastor...YIKES!

Grace said...

"Pickles" is a popular one in our house! The kids are also known to say "What the...", and that's all they say. The last word is totally left off. I have no idea where this came from, but I do not like it for what it implies, so they get an earful every time they so it. And of course, we have Disney lovers in our house, so we hear a lot of "Oh snap!" too!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Pickles is from Higgly Town Heroes..Bugaboo says that one..

What the .... is also said here and Pixie now says What the Flip?

Ramblin73 said...

I cuss Battlestar Galactic style. What the FRACK!
Or you can cuss Ghost Hunters style. What the Fridge!

Kathryn Thompson said...

I really like Fish Sticks! I may have to start using that one too.

When Laylee fake cusses, it's usually in "spanish", random sounds that sound spanish to her or she copies my choice words.