May 20, 2008

The Storm before the Calm

I'm afraid I'll have to skip Ask FarmWife this week. There's just too much to do.

That being said, my good friend Vic asked what we do when our dogs whelp. Honestly, not much. We've never had an inside dog give birth, but with the big dogs, Husband pens them up on their own with a fresh bed of straw in their house (which they promptly shove out of the way to have the pups on the bare floor or a hole they've dug under the dog house). We don't set with them while they whelp, but we do check on them frequently. We've been very lucky with our dogs. We've only had one that had trouble & unfortunately, we didn't know there was trouble until it was too late. That's a very long story.

At anyrate...on to why I must postpone the rest of Ask FarmWife Day. I still have to: finish the laundry & pack our clothes, clean the house (RL is house sitting/dog sitting for us so the house must be in company order), make Bitsy a taggy blanket to keep her occupied on the trip, finish the top secret project I started before Christmas (it is a Christmas present....I'm only 5 months late. I really have to finish it as I want QM & Daddy to deliver it for me), and organize half of all the junk we own so it will fit in the van. All that on top of the normal daily stuff I have to accomplish...like feeding & bathing my children. Oh, and the kids need haircuts. I may get to that...or they may go to Dinosaur World looking a tad shaggy. They're not bad...I may skip that.

So far I have managed to wash most of the laundry, load the dish washer, and clean out the van (no small feat, that). I'm just glad we're not rushing home from vacation to get the kids back to school & Husband back to work. He's got all next week off work as well & school will be over tomorrow. Maybe I can finagle one free day in there for me. Then again, pigs may fly.

So if I don't get a chance to post much between now & Sunday, don't think I've abandoned you. I shall return!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall miss you but enjoy your trip..take lots of pictures to post..I'm interested in this dinosaur world.

Kork said...

I can't wait to hear about the FarmHands VS Dinosaur World, and all that entails.

You can do it, you know what? If the kids don't have every little thing you think they need, they'll still be ok...just give them a nice big old swig of our friend Jack... hee hee...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering. My favorite dog, my inside, I shall love forever dog, is having puppies. SO far, 2 breech births resulting in dead puppies. What makes her have her puppies breech. This is her 3rd litter, and each time they are breech.

Grace said...

Breathe, Farmwife! Life will not end if you don't have every single thing you think you need. As a matter of fact, if you're anything like me, you pack more than you need and don't even touch a good amount of it while your gone. That said, I know how stressful it is packing for a trip.

Have fun on your trip!!