May 21, 2008

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu....

We're about 85-90% packed. Little BIL loaned us his portable DVD player. The house is clean. Beds still need to be made. We're getting there.

Quickly, please pray for #1 Son tonight. He threw up around noon today & three times after that, but has been fine & dandy since 3 o'clock. I'm hoping the monstrous amount of grapes he ate upset his stomach. No fever. No more vomiting since he started eating again almost three hours ago.

And to keep you entertained while we're gone:

Saturday at the cook out, there were 50th B-day decorations. Uncle E & his twin sister, Aunt E, are turning 50 on Saturday (I think). BabyGirl looks at me, looks at the decorations & says, "Mom, are you 50?" It's a good thing she's only 6.

Monday B.B. & #1 Son were discussing their wardrobe choices for vacation. #1 Son wants to wear his green shirt that reads, "Daddy's Big Helper...will work for cookies." B.B. wants to wear his orange shirt that reads, "My parents are exhausted," but he said, "I wanna' wear my orange shirt. It says, 'My Mom & Dad are retired.'" I just knew he was going to say retarded. Either way....Oy.

Thursday B.B. stole my spatula & ran off to his room. I hollered for him to bring it back. He did a few minutes later (not great on the "as I say, when I say" thing). About 2 hours later I went to put some laundry in their room when I noticed the door trim was pulled away from the door frame. I pushed it back to discover it was almost an inch away from where it belongs & pulled out nearly top to bottom. When I asked what happened, he said, "I did dat." HOW? "Wif dat spatula." Oh. Makes perfect sense.

5 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Have fun. Praying that your son will get well quickly!

Mrs.X said...

I'm hoping that once you get on the road, you will be able to have a relaxing trip! Well, as relaxing as it can be with four kids in a car. But, I'm hoping for the best.

I will also keep #1 son in my thoughts - maybe he's just so excited about the trip? I hope he gets better and is in great shape for the trip!

I look forward to lots of fun stories when you return. Have a fabulous time!

Samantha said...

The portable DVD player should be a life saver! I would suggest establishing quick guidelines about who and how DVDs are selected to avoid arguments and bickering about who is picking what DVD. You might try and throw in a surprise DVD too to mix things up a bit. Have lots of fun.

We'll be praying for #1 son.

Margot said...

I just love how you write all those things.
I hope you have fun in spite of laundry-, kids-, and spellchek-trouble.
And I, too, am looking forward to the stories when you'll return!!

Kork said...

Can't wait to hear if you and FarmBoy are really ready to be retired (or retarded) and 50 when you return from this trip.

Give QM and Daddy a big hug from me and mine.

And remember...the important thing is NOT what happens on the way there or back...or something profound like that...

Hugs!