January 8, 2008

Forgive me while I wax about my baby...

I would like to freeze Bitsy where she is right now. Can anyone help with this? She's happy. She's curious. She loves everyone. She's affectionate (although her kisses are very slobbery & feel more like toothless bites). She's in love with her siblings (we call them her kids). She's funny. She's tiny. She still naps. She doesn't eat much. Her clothes are precious. She can't really argue with me. She never talks back (although sometimes I'm pretty sure she's trying to). She's very portable. And most importantly, she thinks I'm the best thing that ever walked the earth.

Is there anyway to stop her right were she is? Can she always be six months old, setting in her swing with her leg propped up on the tray, head tilted to the side smiling at me for all she's worth?

I took her to school with me one day to pick up BabyGirl. She was so excited to see the hall way full of kids. She smiled at them and tried to talk to them. Then suddenly BabyGirl was there in front of us. Bitsy's entire face lit up. She smiled with her whole body in the way only babies & toddlers can. In that sea of faces, she'd found her kid. All was right in the world.

Right now she's swinging & sucking on her big toe pausing to grin at me periodically.

I know everyone thinks their kids are beautiful, but I know mine are. Daddy once said, "My girls don't have ugly babies." He was right.

6 comments:

Art the Omnipotent said...

Yep, he sure was. We couldn't have an ugly one if we tried.

Kork said...

Has Daddy ever been wrong??? Of COURSE none of his girls have ugly babies...

I wish there was a magic wand that would at least slow things down a bit so you could truly treasure each moment, and not feel it zoom by...

Anonymous said...

This is the only thing I have never been wrong about. There is a minor correction that needs to take place. It should read, "Daddy ALWAYS says......

My girls have done well!

Daddy

FarmWife said...

That's true. He does ALWAYS say that. I believe he also told FarmBoy & Axl that if it ever happened it would be their fault.

SJ said...

that's sweet

Nan said...

I babysat with my nephew's girls yesterday...six months and 3 1/2 years. The six month old was wonderfully pleasant and fun. The 3 1/2 year old was adorable and creative, but very headstrong. I know what you mean about wanting to freeze time.