December 2, 2007

Product Placement

Bitsy has shared her cold with me. Bless her little snotty heart. I'm popping Cold-Eeze, have a stash of Airborne to start soon, and am praying for the best. In the meantime, I'm self medicating with Puffs Plus with aloe & Vicks (WOW!) and Sudacare Shower Soothers Lavender Mint . I can't take cold meds because Bitsy's nursing. She should have thought of that before she decided to pass her cold on to me.

Due to sickness, nasty dreary weather, and all around ennui, I've imposed an anything goes rule for the day. My children have destroyed at least one bed room, they may subsist on PopTarts, we'll watch TV all day long, I'm going to drink at least a pot of Folgers Simply Smooth Decaf heavily doused with Coffee-Mate Eggnog creamer, eat half my weight in ChexMix, and wait for Tin Man to premier on Sci-Fi tonight.

We may survive this yet...but then again, we may spiral into a cavern of self loathing & sugar induced hypersensitivity that we mere mortals cannot climb out of on our own. It's a good thing I'm the mother of a superhero.

8 comments:

Nan said...

I have the cold of the century this morning after being at Dollywood all day yesterday with no sign of it, so I feel your pain. (I can't take cold meds either, but it's not for the reason you stated!)

I, too, am itchy for Tin Man tonight. I can't wait to see if it's as good as it looks!

Anonymous said...

haven't seen the previews for tinman. Hope you feel better PDQ

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon. I am tempted to just come round and we can eat rubbish food and watch rubbish tv, snuggled up on the sofa. That's what I feel like right now ! S

zann said...

So what did you think of Tin Man? I wasn't terribly impressed. It was somewhat interesting... but I don't know... I think my expectations were too high.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lauren said...

My cold has been lingering since we got home from thanksgiving, and moved into my chest so I have a nice seal-like bark. Hope you feel better soon!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

If the cold that is trying to make its way into your life doesn't run and hide, I don't know what will ward it off. Here's hoping you stay well.

(We recorded Tin Man. . .so interested in seeing how that works.)

Kork said...

Very disappointed in Tin Man...guess I was expecting something a bit more spectacular than last night's premier, but I'm not giving up hope, even though it DOES interfere with Monday Night Football, and BB is dying from 3 weeks without his sports.

Try to rest up, not kill the kiddos, and remember that even Pop Tarts have SOME nutritional value...somewhere.

Jeni says said...

sudafed shower soothers are amazing, i love them and zicam works really well too! hope you are feeling better soon