December 1, 2007

Bucka

Bucka's heart cath procedure went well in it's self. The results were not exactly positive, though. Friday he's having at least 3 bypasses. The surgeon needs to do 4, but 5 would be optimal. The problem may be finding enough veins to harvest. Bucka is diabetic and that has done damage to his veins.

At the moment he's home in seclusion until the surgery. He's under strict orders to do nothing & he can have no visitors due to the chance of catching a cold or the flu. The seclusion will drive him up the wall especially when it's not self imposed.

Please pray that he will stay healthy so the surgery won't be postponed. Please pray that the family would stay healthy as well so we can all be at the hospital when he has the procedure. The surgeon has said it will take 6 to 8 hours minimum, so please pray for his team as well.

QM & Daddy stopped to visit through the screen door today as my children are all snotty, Bitsy's been running a fever, and we're really trying to not pass it all on. They brought me Villete by Charlotte Bronte, Lady Susan by Jane Austen, and 2 of Austen's unfinished novels. I'm glad to have something to read to distract me this week. I'm having a tough time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Farm Wife. I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I'm thinking of you over here and I hope everything goes ok. I hope you enjoy Villette. Its one of, if not my favourite, book. S

Anonymous said...

sweety, your family is in my thoughts and prayers several times a day. I love you and will continue to say many many prayers

Brando said...

I am so sorry. I went through this a few years ago with my dad, and then the next week Needlefingers mom had something simlilar done.

I will be praying for you all.

God Bless!