September 17, 2007

A weekend in review

I'm sitting at the computer with a fussy, fat girl on my lap. Apparently there is something wrong with her back and butt as everytime I lay her down or set her in her swing she freaks out on me. Oh, and I think I've had almost 2/3 of my body covered in baby puke at some point today. For these reasons, I'm skipping the Hot Mama Revolution today...that and Sarah asked about shopping. I don't get to shop anymore. Such is the life of this FarmWife.



Scattered through out this post are photographs taken by BabyGirl & #1 Son. I turned them loose with the camera for about 10 minutes yesterday. What I ended up with is very interesting. Enjoy!


Saturday was Husband's company picnic. They haven't had one in about 20 years, so there was much excitement surrounding it. The weather was nice (upper 60's low 70's), so we packed up and went. They had four giant inflatable toys for the kids to play on, surprisingly good food, karaoke, softball tournaments, fishing tournaments, and door prizes. MIL won a green IPod Nano, which she brought to me and said, "Do you know what to do with this?" I explained that you rip or download your music to your computer, sync it and download it to the IPod...I may as well have been speaking Greek. I'd bet Little BIL will get a good Christmas gift this year.



We got home in time for me to bake a pink birthday cake at the request of a certain three year old boy. Yes, he specified a pink cake with pink icing.




Sunday morning, at 6:30, Husband had to start a fire in the fireplace because we didn't want to turn on the furnace! I got up at 7:30. By 8 o'clock I had baked cinnamon rolls, made pistachio salad, fruit tea, dried a load of clothes, and iced the afore mentioned pink cake. We headed off to church and were thinking about going to Husband's family reunion afterwards. In the end we opted to stay home since Bitsy was sporting a slightly pink nose and cheeks from Saturday's excursion (regardless of her sun bonnet, sun shade stroller, and staying in the shade most of the afternoon).





Instead Husband and the kids played outside & went to visit with Uncle E's family on the four wheeler. When Husband came back he only had #1 Son in tow. I asked where the other two were and he handed me a 10 dollar bill. "I sold them." OK. No problem. Uncle E & Aunt C came over a few minutes later packing BabyGirl, B.B. a rabbit and a duck. Last summer Husband gave RL a duckling. She named it Luke (not knowing it was a girl), and kept it in the back yard. Uncle E decided Luke needed a pond, so she came to live with us yesterday. J brought his rabbit over to live with our rabbits too.


I keep forgetting to mention that Luke and Aurora (the Danes) have had a second litter. The pups are about a month old and doing well. We have 7 in all. 6 males, 1 female. I hope they all sell quickly! Bonpas may be expecting too. We're going to have puppies coming out our ears! Not to mention the goats that should be born around the end of October.


As to my enduring homesickness, I'm going to try to get home for a long weekend in October. HT will be turning one & I haven't seen him since June. Princess & Axl, and Bubba haven't seen Bitsy yet. Neither has Art. So say a little prayer for us...we need no one sick, all vehicles functioning at high levels, no major break-downs of anykind, and good weather...oh, and well behaved children (or a DVD player for the van).
(Updated at 8:48 pm) I forgot to mention we had a death in the family on Sunday. As I walked through the kitchen on my way to make our traditional Sunday morning cinnamon rolls, I noticed a small orange thing laying on the floor. At first glance I thought it was a toy fish. "The kids don't have a toy gold fish," I thought, only to realize it wasn't a toy. One of the last two of the seemingly immortal gold fish had committed suicide. We are now down to one fish that will never die. I didn't know goldfish could live more than 3 years...and yes, QM, their bowl was clean.

2 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

So jealous of your MIL, I dream of green Ipods.

And please accept my condolences over your fish.

Art the Omnipotent said...

I guess some just can't hack it on the farm. Oh well!!!! You know I'm praying for a well family and a safe trip. Farmie must come to Tn, Farmie must come to TN. Just keep chanting it over and over. Do I still have to mail the diaper bag? Should I just post a picture of it and make you wait? What to do, what to do.