August 15, 2007

It's like pulling teeth

Daddy/Pa called #1 Son today to see how his first day of Pre-K went. I had emailed him a picture of #1 Son dressed & ready to go. Although not verbatim, the conversation went something like this:

Pa- So, what did you do today?
#1- And even I went four wheeler riding & played outside.
Pa- Well what did you do before that?
#1- I ate animal crackers.
Pa- What did you do before you ate the animal crackers?
#1- Well, anyway, I was inside & I ate animal crackers.
Pa- OK, let's start over. What did you do this morning when Mama put on your red Spider-Man shirt?
#1- No, I put on my shirt all by myself.
Pa- OK, what did you do after you ate breakfast, put on your clothes, and Mama took your picture?
#1- How did you know Mommy took my picture, Pa?
Pa- Because she sent it to me. Where did you go after she took your picture?
#1- To preschool. But it was only a visit day, Pa.

Sometimes grandfathers can be so pushy wanting to know things about people...honestly!

After we picked BabyGirl up from school we went to see Busha. As I was loading them back up to go home, BabyGirl looked at me and said in a snotty, pre-teen, sing-song voice, "I'm already in my seat. Sorry, Tina!" Um, OK. For the record, my name is not Tina. Not even close.

2 comments:

Queen Mother said...

well, that apple didn't fall far from the tree.

right uncle bubba and aunt princess.

FarmWife said...

Them's fightin' words, Mama!