April 11, 2007

Sad news

I just got home from picking up BabyGirl at school. While there I heard some horrible news.

Sunday morning during prayer time, Uncle E said there was an 8th grade boy from BabyGirl's school who had been killed a few days before. He was on a motorcycle, his father was on a tractor and they collided. The boy was killed.

Today I found out he was the son of BabyGirl's teacher's aid. Miss Tammy was her pre-k teacher's aid and is in her kindergarten class in the afternoons as well. I know they had his funeral at the school gym Monday and it was packed. One of the mothers said Miss Tammy looked as if she'd been sedated at the funeral. She had to be held up to stand.

I cannot imagine what this family is going through. Please pray for them. They have not told the kindergarten class why Miss Tammy isn't there. The kids only know she's gone and Miss Lisa will be there for a while.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Small towns... everyone knows everyone... it's wonderful sometimes and so heartbreaking at others... I'm praying!

Anonymous said...

sending up prayers for this family.