April 26, 2007

Interview by Zann

Zann recently offered to interview anyone who wanted to join in. Here are the questions she came up with for me:
For Farmwife:
1. What is your standby meal? The meal you fix when you can't think of anything else to fix. Probably pork burgers on my indoor grill. They are just what they sound like. Burgers made of pork...and I'm thinking they may be strictly a local thing. I'd never heard of them until I moved here. Since we butchered our own hogs (or rather had them butchered), I have cases of frozen burgers.

2. Who was your first movie-star crush? Movie Star? Probably Mark Hamill...you know: Luke Skywalker. Loved the blond hair. Although in later years my crush transferred to Han Solo/Harrison Ford (until the whole Calista Flockheart thing...that just seemed strange to me). TV star was definitely John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard)...still love him!

3. If you could bring back one fashion element from any time period what would it be? Oh, you got me there...I'm a sucker for vintage fashion...I'd love to wear hoop skirts, but don't think I'd like to live in them...and not too keen on the corset idea. Probably just lots of skirts and petticoats. I'd love to see that ultra feminine women as art thing (Renaissance, Victorian, Civil War Era)...of course, we'd all need ladies in waiting to pack the trains around.

4. Do you have a favorite comic strip? I love Rose is Rose. Her alter ego kills me. Calvin & Hobbes was a classic- still miss it. And speaking of missing- The Far Side. But there is one about a family with 3 young kids...Baby Blues. I love it!!! Zoe & Hammie are the 2 oldest and they could be my kids.

5. What are the first 5 songs to come to you mind when I ask you this? Love Shack by The B-52's, The Time Warp from Rocky Horror, Groove is in the Heart by Dee-Lite, Creep by Radio Head, and The Shoop-Shoop song as done by Cher. Must be a TAG cast party thing...just because you're the one who asked.

Thank you so much, Zann! I loved it!

Thank you to everyone else for you support last night and this morning. Today has been better. Not fantastic, but better. #1 Son has morphed into mini-me...when I was nearly 4 & all I can say is, QM, I am sorry. He has talked ALL DAY LONG about nothing & has asked no less than 8 million questions & listened to none of the answers so about 3.5 million of them were repeats.

And I would like to string the people who wrote the Spongebob episode that spoofs a training video up by their toe nails and beat them with hot wheels track pieces. The episode ends very abruptly just as they are about to tell you how to make a crabbie pattie and my children always think I've shut if off prematurely. This causes melt-down every time. You'd think I'd remember that and shut it off before it really starts, but I never do. It's nearly impossible to explain that kind of humor to a 4 year old...heck, I don't think it's funny.

We are down to one puppy-the little girl. The guy Husband works with bought one male last Friday and a couple from "Effin'bill" bought the second male today. A couple came to look at the female, but decided now is not the time as the husband is going through chemo and is away from home a lot. Hopefully someone else will show interest soon.

3 comments:

anonymous jones said...

love shack baby love shack love shack baby love shack - YOUR WHAT?! ........ Tin roof rrrrrrrrrrrrust-ed!

Grace said...

I want that pup. I wish we were in more definite circumstances right now so I could have her. I'm so tired of being of in the air.

Lauren said...

Baby Bear LOVED the boxer "pup" (2 yrs old) at hubby's coworker's house. Oh, I wish we had a yard large enough for a horse-sized dog to run in. I am so tempted. We could just go down to visit Grandma and Grandpa and let it run there...

Alas, I have to second Grace's lament. While it doesn't appear that we'll move in the immediate future, there's always that possibility. (sigh)