April 15, 2006

Big Plans for Today

I think I'm almost prepared for today. I have bought a shower gift. I have Easter Egg fixin's. Baby Girl has an Easter dress. I got #1 Son the Larry Boy Box Set for Easter (although I'm not sure I should be supporting him in his identity crisis). I have ingredients to make a pasta salad for Husband's family dinner tonight. We're golden.

Now, if I can only get the eggs down and washed, the salad made, the eggs loaded, and Baby Girl to actually wear the dress, we'll be platinum (that's not even a real phrase).

Baby Girl informed R.L that she's not wearing that dress 'cause she hates it and hats are for boys. This after her face lit up telling R.L. that she got the dress in the mail and she has new shoes to wear with it. She also asked if she could wear it to nap in yesterday. Oh boy. Art, if it counts for anything, I love the dress, and hats aren't just for boys! This kid cannot possibly be my child.

Husband's family dinner should be fun. His dad is the oldest of 8 kids. When we have get together like this almost everyone shows. That's a total of 48 people (if my count is still correct). One cousin won't be there, he's in Japan on a 2 year mission trip. Since Little BIL is home on leave everyone else should be there. If the weather is nice we'll eat at Grandma in Country's house. She has a big yard and the kids like to hunt for kittens in the barn. If it's rainy, we'll take it into Uncle E and Aunt C's house where the kids can destroy their play room and watch videos in the basement to their heart's content. One way or the other, it's always fun.

My biggest problem is XM withdrawl. Since the radio belongs to Little BIL, and we did have it for 4 months free, it's only fair that it would go back in his truck while he's home. I'm just not sure I'll make it an entire month without Black Horse and Cherry Tree! But then again, I now have the entire Elizabethtown sound track and a James Blunt CD...Art, you still totally rock!

No comments: