March 24, 2006

Why Are They Awake?

These are a few pieces of my new wardrobe. Very girly, and very pretty. It's for Inkling's wedding in May, but I think I may wear it to Easter Services first. Do you think I could find gloves, a hat, and patent leather Mary Janes to go with it?

Can someone please explain something to me? How is it that the later I put my kids to be, the earlier they get up? Case and Point: There is no school today. Parent Teacher conferences. Baby Girl's bed time is 7 pm. I put her in bed, we read for 20 minutes, we say prayer, I tuck her in with Blue Bear, kiss her good night, and I am out by 7:25.

#1 Son goes to bed at 7:30 with a much shorter routine. Tuck him in with his horse Macaroni, say prayer, kiss him good night, and say, "Don't get out of bed." The few times I didn't say that as I left his room he followed me out/yelled at me, "Mommy, tell me no get outa' dis bed!"

Then B.B. goes down about 8:30 with his classical CD and a prayer. As I leave his room he yells, "Ni-nite mama!!"

Last night, knowing there was no reason to get up early (6:25 am) this morning, I let everyone stay up past bed time last night. Except B.B. who was still in bed at 8:30. #1 Son asked to go to bed and I couldn't tell him no. But he didn't go down until 8. Then I put Baby Girl down at 8:45. I naively thought this would buy me an extra 30 minutes to an hour of sleep in the morning.

No Such Luck! Baby Girl was up at 6 am, a full 25 minutes before her normal time...I should add that I normally have to physically drag her from bed at 6:25. This morning she runs into our room at 6, crawls up on her dad and says, "Daddy, you and Mommy have to go to my school this morning and talk to Ms. G while I go to Cousin J's house." Guess who wakes up next? B.B., since his crib is still in our room.

I take the two of them into the living room thinking I can pop in Blue's Clues and crash out on the couch for a while, when #1 Son comes running in to join the fun. Baby Girl explains the day's plans to him and the excitement level increases....Until I tell them we have 5 hours to wait until time to go to J's house. Talk about a killjoy! So here I am, writing to you. Which is better than sleep anyday! =)

On a sad note, Confessions might not be around much longer. We're having a tough time with our internet connection and have canceled our service as of April 29th. Because of where we live, our options are extremely limited or too expensive for something not a total necessity. I am not happy about this and am praying a solution presents it's self. Especially since Princess is 4 hours away, My mom is 5 hours away, Inkling is moving to Canada, and Little BIL will soon be in South Korea. Send up a prayer for us and our internet connection...It may not be a globe shattering issue, but it's important to this Farm Wife. I'd miss you all too much!

10 comments:

Dana Glover said...

That news was not a good way to start my day!! I will certainly send a prayer your way as I love reading your blog and enjoy the comments you leave on mine.

zann said...

definately sending up a prayer. I enjoy your blog too much and you are practically my blog's only reader :P

Plus that would mean I'd have to sit down and actually write on paper again. I'm much quicker with my fingers on a keyboard than I am writing in legible script.

Definately sending up a prayer.
z

Hausfrau said...

What is this?!... a nice little chit chat about the kids (which I could totally relate to by the way) and then all of a sudden out of nowhere ... BOOM! I'm shattered. I'm at a loss. I do hope this problem is resolved because I will miss your blog, and really in the scheme of things it's all about how I feel, right? ;-)

Sarah said...

Sending a prayer that your blog issues/internet will get resolved!!

I too have been up too early. Pumpkin was up at 4:15 (and is only NOW at 10:40 napping), and The Princess has been up since 5:30. I'm in such a funk because I'm exhausted. I am also stuck on house arrest while waiting for the cable people who have decided that instead of meeting the agreed upon appt time for us today, they will change it to be "any time between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.". Thanks folks, I wanted to sit around all day. I'll just put my life on hold. Don't mind me.

Whooooops. Sorry to hijack. Hope your day gets better...

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

There are so many things wrong with the world at large...I beleive this to be the worst news I have heard in a great deal of time... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO It all sounds so very wrong...You can not leave us, we need you, we adore you...What am I to read to my hubby? How will I ever laugh out loud when only the animals will hear me? You must stay...

Dear Lord, I lay me down to sleep I pray you let us keep farm wife or we shall weep....Keep her family safe.....Amen

Genevieve Netz said...

Your case is just another example of the lack of practical internet options in many rural areas.

For us, it doesn't matter if we could afford DSL or not, because it's not available. Our dial-up is fairly reliable and fairly fast as dial-up goes, but there's a lot we just don't do because it takes much too long.

Nan said...

That last paragraph sent me into blogger shock. You CAN'T leave us now that we've come to depend on reading daily installments of the ongoing farm wife life. I'm addicted!

Why don't you try blogger's ads? I know they make your blog look kind of commercial but they may bring in some of the needed revenue. We could all click on them like crazy every time we visit.

I'm heading to another friend's blog right now to ask her if she gets any income from the ads she has on her page and, if so, if it's enough to keep you blogging. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

FarmWife said...

Cate, Please let me know! That would be great. But I have to say I would fell a tad like Anne of Green Gables and the Baking soda advertisment. "It's like finding your child has been tatooed all over with Rollings Reliable."

To the rest, Thank you so much for letting me know that you enjoy Confessions. It means the world to me. I told Did that I secretly hope it will become a cult classic, and she said it already has. You can't know how much your support means to me.

Nan said...

FW, That's so funny about being tattooed with Rollings Reliable.

I asked Karry (smithsinflorida.blogspot.com)
and she said she'd made about $20 so far but they don't pay until you get to $100 which she figures she'll get to in about five years. I forget to click on her ads when I visit. I think that's the key to it...clicking on the ads everytime.

Did said...

You can't leave!!!! I'm finally getting to know you again! AAHHHH!!!!! What are the possible options? We'll find a way around this. One way or another.