March 24, 2006

Pre-K Cliques???

Just a note on parent teacher conferences. It seems Baby Girl is doing very well, but has a habit of "talking on The Carpet." The Carpet is a quiet place. I can't imagine where she gets it! I'm so tight lipped, I never got in trouble for talking out of turn! OK, Mama, you can quit laughing now. My report cards ALWAYS read, "Farm Daughter (I wasn't a wife yet) is bright and very well behaved, but she seems to have trouble keeping quiet."

Baby Girl is also becoming bossy. Especially with the other girls. Once again, I have no idea where this came from. Now it's Princess and Bubba's turn to stop laughing! My kindergarten teacher had to remind me that she was the teacher. And Mama liked to say, "You are not their mother!" in reference to my siblings.

Ms. G is going to sit down with the girls and have a discussion about playing together. She said they're having some problems with cliques. THEY'RE ONLY 4!!!!! Shouldn't they at least wait until 4th or 5th grade to do that! I know Baby Girl has been having problems with her little girl friends lately, but I thought it wasn't a big deal. Guess I was wrong. I think she tends to the one on the outs, but I'm not sure. Hope the discussion helps. They're way to young to start tearing each other down. That's what Jr. High and High School are for.

2 comments:

Ramblin73 said...

I believe her name was Lady Aberlen or Aberlan but not sure of the spelling. I can't believe I forgot her in the line up.

zann said...

Believe it or not, I can actually remember cliques being present in kindergarten. I remember girls having little "invite only" clubs. Those of us who weren't invited into those started our own club, I can't remember what my club was called but I still remember who was in it. So this apparently is nothing new.

Baby Girl and you sound very much like my neice Zoom. I think you all would relate really well.