March 19, 2006

A Good Day

My Folks and Princess came in about 9:30 yesterday morning. The kids were thrilled to see Grammy and Pa, but a little confused about Princess. Baby Girl is certain who she is, but the boys aren't quite as sure. There has always been a little confusion as to who is Aunt Princess, and who is Inkling. They often call Inkling (who they see a little more often) Aunt Princess. #1 Son kept asking if she "changed." It took a while before I figured out he thought Inkling had changed into Aunt Princess!

#1 Son left with Grammy and Pa to go to Bucka and Busha's house, but that trip didn't last too long. Daddy said he made a lap around the house and said, "OK, me go home now." When they got back, he was asleep. Daddy took Baby Girl and went to town. She said, "Pa, We are agreeing on everything today. I'm going to stay with you." She did.

Princess and I had a quite time at home. The boys napped, we painted out nails with OPI (mine are Lincoln Park After Dark, Princess's are I've Got the Blues About Red), and watched part of Pride and Prejudice. It was a good day.

Last night we went to a "Surprise" party for my cousin Scotty. He had been in Iraq for 6 months, and has been home about 3 weeks (I think). He came down to visit Monday, and Unkie Di (our Aunt) planned a surprise party for him...But someone spilled the beans. It was still fun.

Baby Girl developed a crush on him almost instantly. She had Pa take a picture of her with Scotty so she could put it in a frame and put it in her room next to her picture of Uncle Little BIL.

Oh, and after reading Emily's post about pre-k kissing, I asked her what she and Boyfriend did. At first she would only own up to holding hands, but yesterday she told her Aunt Princess they kiss and hug sometimes. I said, "Where does he kiss you?" Meaning lips or cheek...She says, "On the playground." Oh Boy!

5 comments:

Ramblin73 said...

You got 6 of the 7 answers you gave correct. Pulp Fiction is actually Friday. Thanks for playing. The answers to all the lines wil be posted tonight.

Ramblin73 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ramblin73 said...

If you like quirkey dry British humor. ie. Monty Python, Benny Hill, Mr. Bean it is a interesting movie. I would check it out. We have it if you want to stop by and borrow it. That is when my other friend brings it back.

Nan said...

The shower sounds wonderful. I'm sure she LOVED the basket of goodies. It's so much fun to have all your friends together!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit.