January 6, 2006

I am the Mater-Familia

Today I have accomplished nothing. That's it. Nada, nil, zip, zilch. I made lunch (that's a must) and loaded the dish washer. That's not so good since I've been concious for ten hours. I tend to do my best work in the last 45 minutes before I collapse at night. Now before you start getting any ideas, I ment house work.
Right now I'm watching How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days for the 6th or 7th time. I'm kind of enjoying this lazy day.
Since I'd like to keep things a little private I've decided not to use names in my blog. I don't think my replacement names will be hard to follow.
Last night I set Baby Girl's hair in rag curls. This was a first for both of us. Her hair, much like mine, is stick straight. I wore sponge rollers as a child, but I think they've been added to the list of devices no longer legal to tourture your children with. The rags are much easier to sleep in.
This morning she looked like a poodle that got its tail stuck in a light socket. What to do? Pig tails tamed the beast and she looked cute as a button (as she likes to say) when she headed out for pre-k. Proud moment for a mom, and even more so for her. Nothing's cuter than a little girl who can't stop looking at herself in the mirror. When I do it, it's not so endearing.
Our chickens left us 14 eggs today. Big fresh brown eggs. I must learn to make Creme Brule. Either that or I'll save my egg money to by a pair of Manolo Blahiks (not sure I spelled that right) . Only 1,950 dozen more till I can get the pair I picked out on line. They'll work out well in the goat pen (I think I have a little Carrie Bradshaw in me) . I gathered the eggs myself, even reaching under a laying hen! Big deal for a city gal.
In other farm news, we stopped by the vet's today to see a picture of the Bull that has sired the calf we hope our cow is carrying. (We won't know for sure until next week when she's due for her heat cycle.) He was a big, strapping lad. Once again, glad I'm not a cow! Look at me knowing what a sire is and when a cow goes into heat.
I guess I should stop writing. #1 Son is busy hunting the Big Bad Wolf in the kitchen. Baby Girl is talking to her dolls in her room. #2 Son is napping. Maybe I should follow his lead. NO! I must resist the urge. I must clean something. It's in my contract.

3 comments:

Inkling said...

My dear, everyone knows that keeping your children breathing and perhaps in at least one stitch of clothing for at least five minutes of the day counts as "doing something". Making lunch and dealing with dishes IS a major accomplishment, at least in my book. Just wait until I'm a wife....not a farmer's wife.....but a mountain man's.....until then, I'm letting my own mater and pater deal with the dishes. =) Again, I'm simply in awe that you've discovered life on the web. Tell your hubby you simply have to keep this up; it's a more economical way to stay in touch with someone heading for "eh, aboot that loony...or was it a toony?" country.

Anonymous said...

hey there! Just making my presence known. I'm enjoying reading your blog. I'm not keeping a blog here- but I've had one going on Livejournal.com for over a year. I never mentioned it to you because... well you just now joined the online world :P but if you are interested it is below. I'm loving reading of farm life. It is like getting your letters but - much more frequently :D

FarmWife said...

Just to clarify, I did vaccum & mop before the night was over