February 2, 2013

48 Questions

I remember the hay-day of my blogging career. I would post 2 or 3 times a day. Funny stories about the 'Hands, recipes, deep thoughts, and the occasional meme (before that term meant a picture of a fist pumping toddler with a catchy phrase superimposed over it). My lovely friend Ordinary Sarah jumped back on this bandwagon last week and I knew I had to follow suit but feeling like dirt did not prompt me into blogging much about anything other than feeling like dirt.

So, here we go with some "vintage vibe" a la 2009:

1. Were you named after anyone?

Yes, as a matter of fact I was. My dad's old girlfriend. She's how my parents met in the first place and she was a very good friend of my mother's. We share the same middle name. As for my first name, QM tells me she saw it in a year book.

2. When was the last time you cried?

Sunday night while watching Downton Abbey on PBS. Really cried. Not just a few gentle tears and some sniffing but a full on nose blowing sobbing breakdown. Much to my surprise Downton went the way of some of my favorite Joss Whedon shows and killed someone I admire. Yes, it was a fictional character, but that did nothing to stop the tears.

3. Do you like your handwriting? 

I have to go with Sarah on this one. I have many different types of handwriting. I have the scribble-it-down-before-you-forget kind. I have the neat-cursive-so-anyone-can-read-it kind. I have the I-wish-my-handwriting-looked-lie-this-all-the-time kind. I have the careful-printing-so-my-kids-can-copy-it kind.  It just depends on the need.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat?

Again, this one is a bit changeable. I can go months without touching the stuff. And then I can go weeks where I subsist wholly on thin sliced smoked turkey and provolone on toasted Hawaiian bread with Vadalia onion and mayo. Then suddenly I switch to roast beef and colby jack on toasted potato bread.

5. Do you have kids?

Four. And at any given time I might even like one of them.

6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?

I doubt it. I talk too much. I'm self centered. I'm pessimistic and a complainer.  In fact I think my friends deserve sainthood for putting up with my vast array of crap.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Yes. I may have even answered FarmBoy's marriage proposal with a rather snarky, "Well, I guess so."  See, I'm a lousy friend.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes. QM says I was one case of tonsillitis away from having them yanked.

9. Would you Bungee Jump?

No way. Why would I want to hurtle my body off a perfectly good precipice?

10. What is your favorite cereal?

I like to mix Great Grains Almond and Cranberry with Great Grains Raisins, Dates, and Pecans. Oh, now I'm hungry.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Nope. I should. It's hard on them. But I don't.

12. Do you think you are strong?

Not really. In any way.

13. What is your favorite ice cream?

Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Can't get enough of it!

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?

Their hair. I realize that's shallow and strange, but it's true.

15. Red or Pink?

Both.

16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?

My mouth. It gets me in all kinds of trouble and I never can seem to keep it shut.

17. Who do you miss the most?

It's a straight up tie between my parents and my best friend. I don't see near enough of any of them.

18. What is the technique that you need to work on the most?

Time management. I'm a serious procrastinator  You will find me at hours far too late for me to be awake scrambling to feed the kids, fold the laundry, or do some major task I've been avoiding all day.

19. What color shoes are you wearing?

No shoes.  White socks.

20. What was the last thing you ate?

Probably a cherry M&M.  Yummy!

21. What are you listening to right now? 

Bitsy and #1 Son arguing over who shot whom in their game and New Moon that's playing on the TV.

22. If you were a crayon what color would you be?

Periwinkle. Fun name. Not quite blue, not quite gray, not quite lavender.

23. Favorite smells.

Anything fresh- be it baking, flowers, laundry, air, etc.

24. How important are your political views to you?

Getting more important all the time. A few years ago I would have considered myself apolitical but no longer. It's taken on a moral aspect lately.

25. Mountain Hideaway or Beach House?

Either one would make me happy I imagine. But in all honesty I've spent very little time at the beach. I do love the mountains.

26. Favorite sport to watch?

I like football but am beginning to learn about basketball.

27. Hair color?

Brown

28. Eye color?

Brown and green

29. Do you wear contacts?

Yes, or my glasses. I can't see anything without them.

30. Favorite Food?

Anything someone else cooks. After spending 8 hours a day cooking, I'll eat anything someone else has fixed for me. Happily.

31. Scary movies or happy endings?

Depends on my mood. Normally I'm a rom-com kind of girl but on occasion I do like to have my spine tingled a bit.

32. Last movie you watched?

I'm not going to count the movies we tend to watch over and over again (since BabyGirl just finished New Moon for the 17,000th time).  The Raven with John Cusack was the last "first time watching" movie I watched. I liked it.

33. What color shirt are you wearing?

A red t-shirt with a ratty black cardigan that I live in.

34. Summer or Winter?

Summer. I detest the cold and only like snow for the first 2 hours or so it's on the ground.

35. Favorite dessert?

Wow. Not sure I can answer this one. Anything with a pie crust.  Anything with chocolate frosting.  Anything with toffee.

36. Strength training or cardio?

I like both but do neither.

37. Computer or television?

Computer...where I watch most of my television.

38. What book are you reading now?

Catching Fire....for the third time.

39. What is on your mouse pad?

How old is this meme?! I do actually have a blue one at the old desk top, but it's rarely used.

40. Favorite sound?

My kids happily and peacefully playing.

41. Favorite genre of music?

I like just about everything but if I had to pick a favorite I'd have to go with 90's grunge.

42. What is the farthest you've been from home?

I have a rather small traveled area in my life. Detroit to just west of St.Louis to Orlando to D.C. are the parameters. D.C.'s probably the farthest from home.

43. Do you have a special talent?

I can make a frog with my hands.  I weave my fingers together to make the face of a "large mouth frog." It's a trick taught to me in 4th grade by a poet visiting our class.

44. Where were you born?

Springfield, IL   H.T. was born in Nashville, TN (also a state capital) and when QM asks him what that makes the two of us he usually answers, "Capitalists!" But the last time he was a bit excited and screamed, "AWESOME! Me and Aunt FarmWife are AWESOME!"

45. Where are you living right now?

In the house I plan on spending the rest of my life in.  In just over a year I will have been in this house longer than any other I've ever lived in.

46. What color is your house?

Gray with a lovely blue metal roof.

47. What color is your car?

Blue, and it's a van.

48. Do you like answering 48 questions?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did.

No comments: