October 19, 2012

Here she goes, here goes Speed FarmWife

11 plus years ago I took a strict vow of self imposed agoraphobia.  I sequestered myself in our house and haven't left since.

OK, so that's not entirely true.  I've gone places.  Exciting places.  Like Walmart. And the doctor's office. And Rural King to buy rabbit pellets.

But now live is different.  I go to work.  A lot.  BabyGirl's cheerleading career involves nightly practices and beginning tomorrow- multiple games each week.  The boys' 4-H only meets monthly but we have other responsibilities in between.

Yesterday was a prime example of how our new life is unfolding.  I was at work at 5:30 am.  I get off at 1:30 so I made a quick trip to the grocery to pick up some stuff for the dinner I had to make for the teachers last night (it's P/T Conferences and we have to feed the teachers since they're at school for 12 hours straight).  I went back to school to drop off my haul and pick up the boys and Bitys who were getting out an hour early. We ran home, dumped back packs, grabbed snacks, and ran back out the door 20 minutes later.  I dropped the boys off at Busha and Buckas, visited with The Aunties for about 10 minutes, then it was back to work.  Bitsy went with me and BabyGirl was finishing cheer practice, so she was there, too.  Miss T and I made dinner, everyone ate, and we cleaned the kitchen.  I ran down the hall to have quick meetings with 2 of our 7 teachers, then the girls and I went back to Bucka's to get the boys.  We got home shortly after 8 pm.

Now I'm trying to pry myself off the couch to go for my last 2 P/T C's and get our day going.

I'm amazed at all the running I've been doing in the past 3 months.  Everyone's been telling me for years to wait until the FarmHands were a little older and had to be packed around everywhere because then I'd never be home.  Turns out, they were right.  And I'm really glad I've been stashing the FarmHands' Christmas and Birthday money away since they were born.  There will be money for them to buy old beater cars when they turn 16 and save me repeated trips back and forth to town.

No comments: