June 13, 2011

Once Again.

I promised, and here it is. I'm opening up the comments for another round of Ask FarmWife. Send me your most pressing questions serious or not. I'm all over it.

In the meantime, I'd like to say a few words about Pixar. Pixar execs, you really need to find a new team to make your commercials. They're not great. In fact, with the exception of the new Cars 2 commercials, I've yet to see one that makes me want to see one of your movies.

When I first saw the Cars trailers I thought, "Wow, what a limited audience they're reaching out to. Who makes a cartoon only for Nascar fans? What about the rest of us?" And the original Wall-E trailers made me groan, "Not another robot movie. Ugh." Ratatouille? A movie about a rat? In a restaurant? Gross! Up? I had no clue what it was about.

But the movies, they are an entirely different story. I adore Pixar films. They are beautiful and touching and often bring me to tears and occasionally cause bouts of panic (Finding Nemo anyone?).

Today I heard some news that has made me very excited. Apparently Pixar has announced they're working on The Incredibles 2. I am so in love with the original movie, I cannot wait to see what comes of the Parrs. The 1950's design, the back & forth banter between Bob & Helen, the entire super-hero genre...it's one of my favorites. (As of yet, it's a totally unsubstantiated Facebook rumor that I'm giving full faith to in hopes that it's true.)

Up coming is also Monsters University, a prequel to Monsters Inc. and Brave, Pixar's first attempt at a fairy tale.

I'm pretty sure I'll be adding to my Pixar collection until I have grandbabies to share them with...but until then, my kids are still thrilled to watch them with me. Well, watch them & tolerate my presence....sometimes.

3 comments:

Inkling said...

Here's a serious question. Canadians observe that Americans tie religion and politics together, speaking boldly about their political leanings publicly in services at church, Christian radio programs, etc. A. Do you agree that Americans do that? B. Do you think it is a good thing? Why or why not?

And now, I need to respond to "Mama, Book" so that's all for today.

Kork said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! I so hope that Incredibles 2 is MORE than a rumor. And we're taking the kids to Cars 2 next weekend - it was, after all, the first movie Captain saw in the theater (nevermind that he was all of 19 days old)...

Oh Inkling - good question!

Ummmm...yeah...I got nothing for you today. Let me check back with you after I bravely go to mow my front yard in the 92 degree 48% humidity weather. Laugh all you want, but this is MUGGY for me. ICK! Give me back my desert...

PS - I HEART Pixar films too, but hate their commercials. :(

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

I've got a doozy for ya!

What do you do about a family member that is a borderline stalker?

And how about a family member that thinks you are their therapist but really you're just completely tired of hearing them whine all the time because you're trying to grow your fifth baby while raising the other four?

Yes, this is the same person. I'm SO ready to hear what you have to say!