December 22, 2010

Let's take a walk...

Right on over to Ordinary Days to read my second ever guest post! Ordinary Sarah is in the process of moving (yes, the week of Christmas) and she asked me to fill in. Turns out, she even picked a topic for me, but I forgot it and accidentally deleted the email she sent prior to my writing the post. Whoops. But since she said nice things about me and put up my post anyway, I doubt she's too peeved at me.

In other news, today was the last day of school for the FarmHands...and now, 6 hours into Christmas break, they're trying to kill each other. Oh my darling angels. Heaven help us!

Yesterday I ticked Bitsy off a bit. We dropped the kids off at school and drove past the local playground. "Pweese, tan we play at da playground? Pweese, Mommy?" came the plaintive sigh from the back seat.

"I'm sorry, Baby. It's too cold outside. We have to go home."

"Just for 9 seconds? Tan we play just for 9 seconds?" And mean old me wouldn't stop even for nine seconds.

Last night she wanted me to change the sheets on her bed because she found her Winnie-the-Pooh sheets in the closet. I told her next time they needed changed but not just then. "Pweese? Wif cherry on top? Wif hot dog on top? Pweese, Mommy?" I'm such a party pooper.

Yesterday Busha had cataract surgery. While the FarmHands were eating breakfast I told them what was going on. B.B. said, "So we should pray for Busha, right?"

"Yup, Bub. That would be a great idea."

"OK. We can do that at dinner tonight."

"You don't have to wait for dinner. You can pray anytime you like. You don't even have to do it out loud if you don't want to." Bitsy disagreed with that last part & made everyone stop eating so she could pray for Busha. Well, actually so I could pray for Busha and she could repeat me.

Busha told her surgeon and all the hospital staff that she was in good hands because her Great-granddaughter had prayed for her. At her follow up appointment today her doctor said she shouldn't have had the vast improvement in her eye sight that she's had. She said, "Yes I should have. My great-granddaughter prayed for me. That's why it's worked so well." He agreed.

We've prayed for Jacob this week & he's home. We prayed for another friend who had spinal surgery & had a really rough first night. The next day she felt so much better. My kids are seeing the power of prayer first hand & I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...